looking for 1987 xr4ir-Sony demo car

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
carbender

looking for 1987 xr4ir-Sony demo car

Post by carbender » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:04 am

Hi,

Hopefully someone has seen this car. Im from Toronto Canada and owned 1987 XR4TI that was a SONY DEMO CAR-will all the graphic.The color was copper with grey leather interior..It was shown at one of the events back in 2007-2008.

If any one has seen this car or know who owners it please contact me at 1-416-799-5500 or carmen_sirianni@hotmail.com

thank you
Carmen

jkxr4ti
Level 6
Level 6

Re: looking for 1987 xr4ir-Sony demo car

Post by jkxr4ti » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:00 am

I believe Mario owned this car for a while. I know it has come up in carlisle conversations before. He may have a lead for you on who he sold it to. I sent him a message and let him know your looking.
Merkur....Its German for Mutt....Mustang, Saab, Volvo, Lincoln, Contour, Cummins... and the list goes on.

Jeremy Kemp

1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI

andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 5
Level 5

Re: looking for 1987 xr4ir-Sony demo car

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:30 am

Sounds interesting. What type of ice did this thing have? I used to love Sony back before all the xplod stuff. Remember the XM2000R? Fitting amplifier for and XR. At least if it's Japanese stuff, Blaupunkt and MB Quart also makes sense in a car from Germany.
"I'll take mine sans touchscreen, sans Alexia startup capabilities, sans start stop, sans control a bunch of stuff while I am on my smartphone while also in a hot air balloon."