Florida Merkur XR4TI Owners

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
Elr21

Florida Merkur XR4TI Owners

Post by Elr21 »

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to meet fellow XR4TI owners here in Florida I live in Palm Beach County and I'm looking for owners who share the same addiction for Hot hatches, I've be a huge fan of the RS and XR cars since living in the UK, I've been here in the US now for about 32 years and purchased a Black 89 Merkur XR4TI about ten years ago shes been sitting in my warehouse waiting patiently for some love and this year is the year shes getting a face lift.

If you own one of these great cars then feel free to reach out and get in touch I'd love to pick your brains and talk Merkur/Cossie.

Looking forward to meeting some new mates in particular one owner from around six years ago who I met in Davie near Ft Lauderdale at the weekly car show he had a cherry white Cossie look a like and had the knowledge of an encyclopedia when it came to these great cars.

Many thanks in advance as I'm sure i will be asking a lot of questions.

Romano
Wellington, West Palm Beach
954 993 4739
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Florida Merkur XR4TI Owners

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

Can you post up any pics of the car or the car shows?
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Join MCA Facebook, you might find it easier to make contact with Floridian XR owners-there are at least a handful-there.

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
worked_xr
Level 7
Level 7

Post by worked_xr »

There's more than a few of us in Florida, but being such a large state, we're kinda spread out all over. I'm on the other coast, in Sarasota area. There are folks in the panhandle, in south Florida, some in central Florida and at least a couple up Jasksonville way. In fact, I think we have a post thread in the regional forums, so maybe check there. Also, I know I started a Florida Merkur facebook group as well. Hang on... yep: https://www.facebook.com/groups/480763045319893

Anyway, welcome to the forum/club. I'm not very active here much anymore, but I still check in periodically. Cheers.
worked_xr
Level 7
Level 7

Post by worked_xr »