XR at CT Dealer

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

XR at CT Dealer

Post by hEaT »

$8k!!

Wonder what the story is on this car. Too bad there aren't any more pics.

https://www.actionautosinc.com/1989-Mer ... C056DrQ%3d
Last edited by hEaT on Thu May 12, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: XR at CT Dealer

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

Last edited by andyofcolumbusmerkur on Sun May 01, 2022 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

I don't know if that is the same one. It says this one sold. Did they have another 89? Also it seems like it is an 89 but changed to a bi-wing.
chrism

Post by chrism »

Andy, that is not the one I have...Mine is not a Copart car, so if you could loose those wholly irrelevant photos from a salvage auction that'd be cool :thumb

I'm picking away at the mechanics(just found out it has 2 piston brakes), and need to give it a clean detailing before I take a set of photos.

It had a midwesternmerkur.com sticker on the hatch glass when I got it, so it must be known to your community somehow.

Last edited by chrism on Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 328d
1993 325ic Turbo
2006 mkV Jetta TDI
1964 Buick 4647
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Car looks nice. Seems like the previous owner took car of it. The first day the link above was posted that link led nowhere. Just a 404 error. When you take the info from that link and search it in google you get that old copart auction posting of a completely different white 1989 XR. Sorry for any confusion.
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT »

chrism wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:47 pm Andy, that is not the one I have...Mine is not a Copart car, so if you could loose those wholly irrelevant photos from a salvage auction that'd be cool :thumb

I'm picking away at the mechanics(just found out it has 2 piston brakes), and need to give it a clean detailing before I take a set of photos.

It had a midwesternmerkur.com sticker on the hatch glass when I got it, so it must be known to your community somehow.
Thanks for posting more pics! Looks like a really nicely kept car with a few OEM style upgrades.

andyofcolumbusmerkur wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:43 am Car looks nice. Seems like the previous owner took car of it. The first day the link above was posted that link led nowhere. Just a 404 error. When you take the info from that link and search it in google you get that old copart auction posting of a completely different white 1989 XR. Sorry for any confusion.
Sorry, updated the link!
chrism

Post by chrism »

Pretty much all sorted now and driving smooth!

More pictures at the original link now too!

Feel free to ask any questions.
2014 328d
1993 325ic Turbo
2006 mkV Jetta TDI
1964 Buick 4647