florida merkur owners

Discussion of events in the South, roughly defined as the southeastern seaboard to Texas.
Merkur Club web site
stet

florida merkur owners

Post by stet »

hey i know there is not many merkurs down here in florida, but i would like to plan a meet for the few that are here. so for those in florida can we please start by chiming in here to get a head count of those who are active owners who wouldn't mind meeting up.

i just wanna start with getting some names then we can figure the where and when.

i'm stet, owner of a red 88

Last edited by stet on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shoo, getaway, damn hondas.
Neogiomach

Post by Neogiomach »

Name's Kel, I'm in Georgia but 5 miles south and I hit the Florida border. I'm down for a get together.
Merkurrz

In Tampa Bay Area-would try to get together

Post by Merkurrz »

Busy work schedule but would like to meet up with some other Merkur owners.
mamba

Post by mamba »

Hey guyz im nando located in ft lauderdale still gettin my merk together but im down for a meet.
stet

Post by stet »

glad you guys chimed in. i got a few others that are definitely down. so far we're planning for end of oct. no definite date cause we're trying to make sure everyone is up and runnin.
we're still trying to figure out where also, so far we're thinking somewhere closere to central fl. to make it more convenient for everyone. i'll keep yall posted.
stet

Post by stet »

hey mamba, where in lauderdale are you, i'm in plantation so maybe i could come help you get runnin.
mamba

Post by mamba »

Hey I'm not to far from you i live in sunrise. Give me a call 954-612-1592 so we can link up.
mvt

Post by mvt »

Neogiomach wrote:Name's Kel, I'm in Georgia but 5 miles south and I hit the Florida border. I'm down for a get together.
Where are you located in South Georgia?

I'm located in Southeast Alabama, near Dothan.
ALConfederate
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ALConfederate »

Well, I'm in southwest Alabama, right between Montgomery and Mobile, and about an hour north of Pensacola, FL. If it's close enough to me I'd be interested, once I get mine going.
stet

Post by stet »

so far we got a few folks down for mid to end of nov. we are also thinkin maybe have it in palm bay. what yall think?
Neogiomach

Post by Neogiomach »

mvt wrote:
Neogiomach wrote:Name's Kel, I'm in Georgia but 5 miles south and I hit the Florida border. I'm down for a get together.
Where are you located in South Georgia?

I'm located in Southeast Alabama, near Dothan.
I'm stationed at Moody AFB right outside Valdosta, GA.

And mid November would be good for me, but around the 25th I'll be out of town for my fiance's birthday.
mvt

Post by mvt »

Neogiomach wrote:I'm stationed at Moody AFB right outside Valdosta, GA.
Do you ever do any Autocross events with the Tallahassee SCCA folks that run up above Valdosta?

http://www.dixiescca.com/
stet

Post by stet »

o.k here's an update. we got a hand full of people ready to come down to ft. laud. beach at the end of the month. this gives time to those who need to fix a couple of things, such as myself. so now would be a good time to chime in and really make arrangments.

mamba, sorry we havn't been able to meet yet, but i have your # and i'll call soon.

we lack merkur meets here n fl. so please if any of you can go the extra length to make sure a couple extra merks get together, maybe we can have a real regional merkur group.
stet

Post by stet »

o.k so we decided sunday the 30th at ft. lauderdale beach. we have so far 4 merkurs and 2 others that are coming but their cars probably wont be up and runnin.

it should be fun with all the merkurs and the beach to kick it at. we're thinkin around noon so the restaraunts and bars will be open for food and a place to chill once we get tired of sittin in the sun.
stet

Post by stet »

so this sunday at ft. laud. we are meeting. two guys all the way from chigago will be there, mango, steedafocusgirl, jullian and chris from miami, and mamba said he's down. anyone else please make the effort to come so we can have a decent size meet.

mamba i'll call you during the week.