[SOLD] 88 Merkur Scorpio For Sale in Florida

Scorpio cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, DPDISXR4Ti

Merkur Club web site
MotorHead

[SOLD] 88 Merkur Scorpio For Sale in Florida

Post by MotorHead »

I am selling my 88 Merkur Scorpio. I have to chose between projects and unfortunately, the Scorpio lost out. She needs to be rescued from my parent's driveway where she sits under an oak tree. Some of you may have seen her at Carlisle many years back. She is blue Gray. Has the euro headlights. She is lowered slightly just to take up the ugly space in the wheel well. The Rear springs have not yet been installed but are included. She has a Magnaflo exhaust with a free flow cat. She sounds throaty. Engine runs well. Transmission could use some love. A transmission rebuild kit is included. She has good bones. I am ready for quick sale. $800 takes her.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vtNAJMJPAbVSHR4N8
I would rather push a Merkur than drive a Honda.
MERKUR59
Level 1
Level 1

Re: 88 Merkur Scorpio For Sale in Florida

Post by MERKUR59 »

How is the body? Any rust underneath or the wheel wells
MERKUR59
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MERKUR59 »

Still for sale ?
MotorHead

Post by MotorHead »

No, she has already been sold. She has been gone for 2 years now and I still miss her....sigh. She did not have the usual rust in the wheel wells as she wasn't driven in the snow. But, she had rust in crazy weird places like the firewall. She was a fun lady to drive. I hope you find what you are looking for and maybe I will have land later in life so I can get another one unless they are all rusted away and gone.
I would rather push a Merkur than drive a Honda.
eaton53
Level 6
Level 6

Post by eaton53 »

MotorHead wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:51 pmI can get another one unless they are all rusted away and gone.
All rusted away and gone isn't gonna happen.
Mark Copeland - I'm 50 miles west of Kewanee, IL

'89 XR4Ti
Car was the 2014 MCA Merkur Preservation Award Winner
'89 Scorpio
This one has a very bright and shiny future.
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers