WTB: damaged/cracked E3 or E6 manifold

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
StratosSpawn

WTB: damaged/cracked E3 or E6 manifold

Post by StratosSpawn »

Hi, I'm hoping that there may be someone here in the forums that has an E3 or E6 manifold that is damaged or cracked or whichever, that is just sitting around in a junk/scrap pile that they may be willing to provide to me for shipping costs, or if close enough to me, maybe even pick up?

I need to try and mock up new intake and exhaust pipe routing so that I can get dimensions and mostly figure out what bends, straights, etc, that I will need to get everything back together. I don't need anything in pristine or leak-tight condition, but it just needs to be able to be mounted to the head with at least a couple of mounting holes so that I can get some close measurements on where everything will sit with my turbo, FMIC, etc.

If you've got one that might work for me, please PM me!
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Re: WTB: damaged/cracked E3 or E6 manifold

Post by my8950 »

Are you using the E6 though, or are you going with a Gnari?
I've got E6's with cracks if you really want to get one, but I would suggest to mock up your setup with the parts that you'll actually be using.
There may be some differences between the two that will throw you off.

I am just outside of Detroit in Michigan.
StratosSpawn

Re: WTB: damaged/cracked E3 or E6 manifold

Post by StratosSpawn »

Hi! I actually spoke with Shaun from gnari, and he was the one that suggested getting a cracked E6 that I can use to mount in place along with the turbo and then get dimensions to determine the piping I'll need and such. He said that because he's just a small company they can't/don't offer anything like free shipping, so his thinking is to get a good approximation of where things will go, and then I could just place a single order with one price for all of it to be shipped, rather than doing separate orders and paying for additional shipping. Of course, this was with him thinking that there may be someone in my area that I could maybe just go pick up a scrap manifold from, or that someone would be willing to simply ship to me for the cost of shipping. It would obviously be better if I could find someone local, but I only know of a couple of people in Upstate NY that are still about a couple of hours drive away.
Shaun did state that the measurements would just give me a good approximation, and wouldn't be exact because for his manifold they actually extend the turbo flange out about 1/2" or something like that, but he said that it would be close enough to be able to get some decent measurements that would most likely allow for a bit of adjustment.