WTB XR4Ti

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
spiffy

WTB XR4Ti

Post by spiffy »

As the title states, I’m probably in the market for another XR4Ti. Only mandatory thing is that it be a manual. I’d much prefer a running/driving example, as I don’t have the means to transport. If the condition and price is right, 3rd party transport could possibly be arranged.

I’m located in Kansas City, so the closer the better.

Thank you for your time,

Ethan
BLK87S4

Re: WTB XR4Ti

Post by BLK87S4 »

I'll sell you mine, but you won't like the price.
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ford.scorpio »

Stating your budget could get a few people interested.

Are you looking for a stock or modified, low/high mileage, crusty or minty.....
A man meets another addict and says "oh yeah, I have a Merkur too!" and the other man says "no way!!!!! ............how many?"
spiffy

Post by spiffy »

ford.scorpio wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:35 pm Stating your budget could get a few people interested.

Are you looking for a stock or modified, low/high mileage, crusty or minty.....
Fair point.

Only based on what I've purchased them for before, I'd be aiming to stay near the $3-4,000 range for a clean example (with some wiggle room available). I'm not quite after a low mileage show car by any means, but definitely not something requiring loads of work. Modifications are fine, however I'm mostly after something driveable with a decent body/interior.

Hope that helps.
Ersatz36

Post by Ersatz36 »

I think Joe Smith (overcrest motorsports) has one for sale in Arkansas, I believe he's located in Siloam Springs?
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ford.scorpio »

A man meets another addict and says "oh yeah, I have a Merkur too!" and the other man says "no way!!!!! ............how many?"
eaton53
Level 6
Level 6

Post by eaton53 »

Nice looking XR.
Those look just like Contour SVT wheels. I used to own a '98.
Is there something that can be done with the cladding short of painting the whole lot?
Mark Copeland - I'm 50 miles west of Kewanee, IL

'89 XR4Ti
Car was the 2014 MCA Merkur Preservation Award Winner
'89 Scorpio
This one has a very bright and shiny future.
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ford.scorpio »

Sorry, these are not contour wheels. 16in cossies from Europe with Ford emblems. What's wrong with the cladding?
eaton53
Level 6
Level 6

Post by eaton53 »

ford.scorpio wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:30 pm Sorry, these are not contour wheels. 16in cossies from Europe with Ford emblems. What's wrong with the cladding?
They look just like them. I was pretty sure they weren't the same with the whole FWD vs. Back Wheel Drive thing.
The cladding is darker in some places than others. A little elbow grease and some Back to Black would probably take care of it.

'89 XR4Ti
'89 Scorpio
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ford.scorpio »

If you’d like to send me a deposit, I will make sure it gets detailed. I can definitely assure you that it looks amazing or your monies back. Also, I will be more cautious of sun & shadows as well.
eaton53
Level 6
Level 6

Post by eaton53 »

ford.scorpio wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:37 am If you’d like to send me a deposit, I will make sure it gets detailed. I can definitely assure you that it looks amazing or your monies back. Also, I will be more cautious of sun & shadows as well.
Sorry, I spent all of my spare car money on flagpoles. :mrgreen:
GLWTS! :cheers

'89 XR4Ti
'89 Scorpio
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ford.scorpio »

Those must be some flag poles...........
eaton53
Level 6
Level 6

Post by eaton53 »

ford.scorpio wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:12 am Those must be some flag poles...........
It's probably the biggest, tallest one that's ever been put into a wheel stand, which had to be custom built.
I got a few bucks wrapped up in my show display, but it's an impossible to miss attention grabber.

'89 XR4Ti
'89 Scorpio
blugg
Level 7
Level 7

Post by blugg »

Selling 1986 blue running, driving, manual transmission XR. Starts on first crank everytime. Strong runner with mods. Going to Kansas in about 8 weeks. Delivery is doable

Give a call for additional details, mods, photos, videos & wallet friendly price within budget.

847-688-1234
Jeff
tdiguardi

Post by tdiguardi »

I am looking for a Merkur XR4TI as well? prefer a black automatic but will consider anything if it is nice. Tim