1988 Merkur XR4TI FOR SALE

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
Jgold

1988 Merkur XR4TI FOR SALE

Post by Jgold »

I've finally decided to sell my baby. I've had her since 1996. Almost 84k original miles. I'm the 3rd owner. Been stored in a garage since 2000 when I moved out of state. Just took her out of storage, brand new battery, she fired without even cranking. Amazing. But then again, I treated the fuel before putting her in storage. Drove her around, runs , stops and shifts great. Body is beautiful, very straight with 1 or two dings. All original paint, no accidents. Paint is a little faded on hood and tops of fenders and doors. Still looks great. Leather interior is beautiful as I have always conditioned the seats. Nice Carpets and Headliner perfect. Pinch welds are clean. No rust. I never drove this car in the winter. I only used it spring through fall.

Currently not working is Radio ( I think its a fuse behind radio) and windows now not working. They worked perfectly before putting into storage. I think the switches need to be cleaned because when you continually push the switches the windows will move a little. Window switches are a known issue on these. Also, Blower Fan and overhead console lights not working but they were before storage. May be a fuse or relay issue. Sunroof works perfectly and all rubber seals in excellent condition.

Hard to find a nice clean XR in original stock unmolested condition.

Car is located on beautiful Cape Cod. Come see the Cape and take her home. $4,500.00

Pics avail upon request. Serious inquiries only. Contact me at jeff_goldston@yahoo.com

Thanks
merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: 1988 Merkur XR4TI FOR SALE

Post by merkurdriver »

Sounds like a really nice car! Good luck with the sale.
If the radio turns on but there is no sound it is most likely the small fuse in the back of the amplifier that resides under the radio.

FYI I have brand new OEM window switch sets on hand if you want to get the windows back to 100%