1988 Merkur XR4Ti for sale, Chicagoland

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
ablock

1988 Merkur XR4Ti for sale, Chicagoland

Post by ablock »

I have my 88 XR for sale. Looking to get 3750 out of it.

Unfortunately some life events and other automotive projects have me putting my XR4Ti for sale. It is a 1988, sunroof delete car, original paint and interior, about 125k miles (I forgot to look at the odo this morning). The interior is clean, the dash has no cracks, the seats have no tears or bad wear, I had a new windshield installed last year, as it developed a crack from a heavy aftermarket mirror, while sitting outside. There is some sun fading and scratching in the paint. A fairly light buff I did last year brought back the paint quite well, but it could use a good buffing.

The car has some Esslinger pulleys on it, comes with factory parts as well. I just installed new tires last june on it. The car also comes with (not installed) spare Bilstein struts, new metal fuel lines, brake discs, pads and shoes, belts, new ac compressor, blower fan, guibo, and new engine coolant hoses. There might be some more parts but I cant remember what else I bought.

The car runs and drives, it has a clean title in my name. It is located in northwest Indiana/Chicagoland.

The p/o of the car bought it out of California, where it was purchased new. I'm either the 3rd or 4th owner i believe. Some in Chicagoland may recall seeing this car at 2001 world of wheels where it won 2nd in its class. There is no rot that I can see, though there is surface rust present on some surfaces.

I have about 30 pictures on my fb marketplace ad, I'll upload some to generic link later.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 156493712/
-Alex
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: 1988 Merkur XR4Ti for sale, Chicagoland

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

According to wheeler dealers it's worth about 7k
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
eaton53
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 1988 Merkur XR4Ti for sale, Chicagoland

Post by eaton53 »

andyofcolumbusmerkur wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:02 pmAccording to wheeler dealers it's worth about 7k
Could be if the seller can figure out how to get it on national TV.
Or not.
Mark Copeland - I'm 50 miles west of Kewanee, IL

'89 XR4Ti
Car was the 2014 MCA Merkur Preservation Award Winner
'89 Scorpio
This one has a very bright and shiny future.
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers