WTB: 85-87.5 XR, White, Manual, So-Cal

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
j0shm1lls

WTB: 85-87.5 XR, White, Manual, So-Cal

Post by j0shm1lls »

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a project car for a while, previously looked for a Mercury Cougar (looked at a few, but the owners wanted way more than the condition of the car was worth) and then a friend sent me a picture of an XR4Ti and I was instantly intrigued... I'm a fan of German Made Ford hatchbacks as I recently had a 2016 Focus RS, but sold it when I bought my new '19 Ranger. That was a very fun car but not much you could modify/fix since everything was new and I've got the wrenching itch.

I'm looking for something to work on, restoring it to a reliably running daily that I can install upgrades on here and there.

My preference would be a white (mono or not), bi-wing, no sunroof, manual, but I'm open to other options.

I'm located in southern California, Los Angeles area specifically.

If anyone has leads on a car, I'd be super happy to take a look.

Thanks in advance.

Josh
nathankershaw
Level 5
Level 5

Re: WTB: 85-87.5 XR, White, Manual, So-Cal

Post by nathankershaw »

Go to the MCA page on Facebook & look up Darren Cole
1987 Merkur XR4Ti. T5 swapped. GAZ gold coilovers. Custom rear strut brace. Polybushed everything. Mustang ten hole wheels. Mercury Tracer front bumper.
j0shm1lls

Post by j0shm1lls »

nathankershaw wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:32 pm Go to the MCA page on Facebook & look up Darren Cole
I was actually supposed to go look at his car tomorrow but he had to reschedule. Hopefully we can hook up next week. Thanks for the heads up!
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

There was a So-Cal meet recently. Maybe buy some parts from Jeff Esteban and check out his car. Doubt he would sell it but he may know of some cars local to you. He would be a good Merkur Sensei.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
j0shm1lls

Post by j0shm1lls »

andyofcolumbusmerkur wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:34 pm There was a So-Cal meet recently. Maybe buy some parts from Jeff Esteban and check out his car. Doubt he would sell it but he may know of some cars local to you. He would be a good Merkur Sensei.
I'd definitely buy parts off of him once I can find a car. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't sell his either heh. I'll reach out - thanks!