Scorpio Lumbar Replacement?

Scorpio / Scorpio Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Carlisle 2020
brokencase
Level 4
Level 4

Scorpio Lumbar Replacement?

Post by brokencase » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:59 pm

I sure would like to get my lumbar pillows working again.
Saw these on Aliexpress. They seem like they might be a suitable replacement. Although I dread the job of pulling and dismantling the seats.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000550 ... 233325%234

Merkurfast
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Scorpio Lumbar Replacement?

Post by Merkurfast » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:21 pm

Dont see anything in that link.

brokencase
Level 4
Level 4

Post by brokencase » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:08 am

I just clicked on it and it worked. You are probably cutting and pasting the link into your browser. Just click on it instead.

Try this https://tinyurl.com/ujrmuht

brokencase
Level 4
Level 4

Post by brokencase » Fri May 22, 2020 10:03 pm

In the midst of pandemic bordem, I ordered a pair. I think I'm ready to tear the front seats apart so I can install these and an aftermarket heated seat kit. Bought a hog ring & plier set. Might do a little leather repair while I'm at it. Should be an interesting project. Will post project photos here when i start it all..

DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti » Wed May 27, 2020 10:23 am

brokencase wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:03 pm
In the midst of pandemic bordem, I ordered a pair. I think I'm ready to tear the front seats apart so I can install these and an aftermarket heated seat kit. Bought a hog ring & plier set. Might do a little leather repair while I'm at it. Should be an interesting project. Will post project photos here when i start it all..
It's a little daunting taking all those hog rings out, but just be patient and take pics along the way just in case you forget how things go back together. If you've got some spare leather pieces indeed it would be a good time to do some repair.

Look forward to reading about your experience. Please feel free to document it as much as you'd like. We won't mind. :cheers
Brad

brokencase
Level 4
Level 4

Post by brokencase » Fri May 29, 2020 7:37 pm

You might not believe this. But back in the mid 90's when I had my first Scorpio, there was a pick an pull junk yard near me that had a Scorpio with a Raven interior. On one of their special discount days I went down a got a bunch of stuff off of that Scorpio. I grabbed a bunch of relays, the fuel computer, and some other bits. I also cut the leather from the rear seats. Stowed those leather pieces in a plastic bag up in the attic. Almost threw them away around 2005. Checked them recently and they look to be in good shape.

Glad I kept the fuel computer. It now resides in the current Scorpio. The original one's LCD display failed.

I have some pdf files from the UK Scorpio site that document seat disassembly. Can't post here, won't accept pdf attachments.

The heated seat kit was a bargain at $20 . It has a control module and a control switch that is a drop in to the Scorpio console rectangular hole.
The switch has independent roller adjustments for driver and passenger seats. I'll see if I can find a link to where I bought it from.

Bob Weir
Membership Coordinator

Post by Bob Weir » Sat May 30, 2020 10:20 am

Dean

I have raven back seat leather if you need it.

Bob

PS Free & I'll deliver.

brokencase
Level 4
Level 4

Post by brokencase » Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am

I appreciate that Bob, Let me wait until all the other stuff arrives and get the project started. If I need any I'll give you a holler.