OEM pistons (+0.5 mm)

Scorpio / Scorpio Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
Vovan

OEM pistons (+0.5 mm)

Post by Vovan »

Hello everyone! Can you please tell me if it is possible to buy new OEM pistons (+0.5 mm) for Scorpio somewhere else? I already bought the kit for ebay, but 3 months have passed and apparently it was lost during the delivery process. I have not found alternative options.
Fresh Air Inspector
Level 2
Level 2

Re: OEM pistons (+0.5 mm)

Post by Fresh Air Inspector »

Hello Vovan,

Rock Auto shows EngineTech pistons (only 6 left :-) in the size you are looking for. Price is surprisingly inexpensive. See link below. That's the good news, the challenge will be finding rings that fit. :-(

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/mer ... iston,5620

Hope it helps.
Thank you and take care,
Peter
1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1988 Plymouth Caravelle (police package), 1994 Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon, 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring
Vovan

Post by Vovan »

Thank you, but I saw these pistons on ebay and I do not want to buy them, as it looks much worse than the original ones.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

What about ordering pistons for the 2.9 V6 Ford Bronco? The entire rebuild kit may have certain gaskets you couldn't use but the basic cologne parts would be the same right? I would imagine rebuild kits like that would be available in 10 over, 20 over, 30 over etc.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
Vovan

Post by Vovan »

I would like to buy original pistons, or mahle, or kolbenschmidt. But I have not found such offers for the Ford Bronco.