Side window applique

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
ZaphodB

Side window applique

Post by ZaphodB »

Hi all, might anyone have a template to fabricate the black applique that is positioned between the front door and rear 1/4 windows? Thought I would check with you all before I do it by hand. Thanks in advance!!!
"Remember...wherever you go, there you are.." Buckaroo Banzai

1987 Xr4Ti
2019 Fiesta ST
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Side window applique

Post by my8950 »

Vendors have replacements to stick on.
ZaphodB

Post by ZaphodB »

Tanks for the input, I know they can be had, but kind of wanted to keep costs down. BTW, I have done business with Mike, Jeff and Russ in the past! This is m third XR in 30+ years.

1987 Xr4Ti
2019 Fiesta ST
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Post by reddy2300 »

The easiest way after pulling all of the old tape off and cleaning/scuffing the area, mask it and spray it with a semi-gloss black paint. I did this on one of mine that we repainted years ago and you could not distinguish between the OE tape and my ad-hoc paint job.
1987 XR4ti--Mustang Cobra 5.0/T5 transmission, AFR heads, fake BBS wheels, Koni Yellows, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Eurolights, Sierra rear/Focus front discs,
ZaphodB

Post by ZaphodB »

The car had been repainted and the area was left body color. I ordered some semigloss black 3M adhesive vinyl wrap off the Bay and applied it. Worked out nicely.

1987 Xr4Ti
2019 Fiesta ST