Xr4ti Supra diff swap with Anembo Kit

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
RX-78 Gundam

Re: Xr4ti Supra diff swap with Anembo Kit

Post by RX-78 Gundam »

That's unfortunate to hear. Ben (the person I corresponded with over email) was pretty responsive around April. I placed an order for a kit in late March and received the kit either late April or sometime in May I believe (was traveling for work, so don't remember exactly when it arrived).

Ben did mention back in April they were only making kits to order, which might explain the delay if they got caught up with other things.

I've been dealing with slowdowns and delays with other products from the UK due to their shut-downs and increased cost of shipping.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

I wouldn't blame the Anembo guys too much. Things are really slow and backed up these days. They said on tv that the supply chain problems and backups may last through this Christmas and into Christmas 2022.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
b2bomber

Post by b2bomber »

Hopefully they respond to my inquiry about buying this kit. Thanks for the link.
1986 Merkur XR4TI project..
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 12v, 5speed, 4x4, OBA, Winch, DIY flatbed+bumpers, Raptor lined, and some Carli bits.
2012 Kia Optima SX
2010 Honda CRV
cthommes

Post by cthommes »

Posting here my experience. I saw this thread and ordered from Anembo on 12/11/22, with eyes wide open to probable long timeline. Periodic email status inquiries were replied to promptly, with expected mentions of staffing shortfalls and supply issues cited, along with production progress. Initial estimation I was given was early Feb. It delivered to me yesterday (4/24/23).

I've got the built diff all ready to go, and looking forward to installing in the next few weeks!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

cthommes wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:34 amIt delivered to me yesterday (4/24/23).
Glad it worked out, even if they do seem to continue to be optimistic with their expected delivery times.

Please feel free to share details on the install here. :headbang
Brad
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

Nice, curious how much it was to ship it over here to the US, assuming you are in the US.
cthommes

Post by cthommes »

my8950 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:46 pm Nice, curious how much it was to ship it over here to the US, assuming you are in the US.
I am indeed, socal to be exact. I bought the diff install kit and rear diff mount. Shipping for both was 54.17GBP. I have no idea how much that is in real money.