My personal thanks from Carlisle

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
quirkymerk
Level 2
Level 2

My personal thanks from Carlisle

Post by quirkymerk »

This is my thank you list:

Thank you denny (oneloudmerkur) for paying in advance for everything cause my lazy ass procrastinates, thank you also for ALMOST not being embarassed to carry around my colt 45 and enjoy it w.me at the hotel parking lot.

Thanks to EVERYONE on the I-70 convoy who were the best to get out of their merks (or pick-up trucks) and rush over to my hunk of junk that decided to blow a hose off before the toll booth. You don't even know how impressed I was w.the whole group, u guys really are the best.

Thanks to Wilky's sons who stole wood off the construction signs to help rig my air box in the right spot to get the hose back on. Special thanks to them also for helping me calm down when I felt like I was gonna puke and I couldn't bear to watch my 'rolling hunk of junk' hold up the convoy.

Thanks to Wilky for shouting commands to his sons to go in search for more wood.

Thanks to room 404 for providing me and many more with FREE BOOZE found in the bath tub of ice. Man, that beer was 9.5 %, it really kicked my ass.

Thanks to Will for letting me "spill" colt 45 on him when he accidentally spilled his on me. Fun drunken moments.

Thanks to Colin for retrieving my merkur club bag full of empty colt 45 bottles, and tracking denny and I down on the showfield just to give it back to us.

Thanks to Mike and his g.f for giving us their tickets for the Xr that was in the drawing, we didn't win but seeing it go to an xr owner was just as wonderful:)

Thanks to Jerry for leading the massive convoy and keeping us all togather through his cb instructions. Thanks also for that beer at the showfield, it was terrific.

Thanks to greg for telling me when it stopped raining and to turn off my wipers while I was zoning out.

Thanks to everyone on the mich. convoy for traveling back home w.me and stopping at every service station cause my car sucks too much gas. MUCH LOVE!

Thanks to Steve in the scorp for giving me drugs (a fat burning pill) that kept me awake on the way back to Mi.

Lastly, Thanks to EVERYONE for being a part of my first convoy experience, first carlisle experience, and just the best weekend of my life!

See you all next year!
'87 auto xr4ti sti wannabee going to Carlisle 2010!)
'90 5.0 LX stang
*Sarah*
ronarnold
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ronarnold »

Just another satisfied customer of the Merkur/Carlisle Sister/Brotherhood :wink:

Glad we all got back safe and (mostly) sound. Next time I'm announcing ahead of the show that take-away beer is almost unobtainable in Carlisle...not that I mind of course, especially with having friends that brought ~10 cases with them :lol:

Ohio contingent rocks! Owe you guys major...
Ron in Royal Oak
Merkur days past...
Scooters now
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Breaking down sucks, but it is really cool when you break down with the convoy on your side...you car will get fixed in no time flat as "someone" will have the part (or a reasonable substitute for the part), someone will have the tools, someone will have the knowledge, etc. etc.
A breakdown REALLY shows what the convoy is all about. I have video of the breakdown and you almost can't even see her car - just a dozen people's backs as they all do their best to make things right!
An impressive group indeed! 8) 8)
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Quirky-- you're cute when you're drunk, and the rest of the time, too! Pace yourself, now, girl-- less is more! :lol:

I made a joke with Saul Rivkin after dinner about leaving home in a convoy with an ailing Merk; by the time you got there, everything would have been fixed or replaced, and the thing would be perfect!
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
quirkymerk
Level 2
Level 2

Post by quirkymerk »

lol pace myself? what does that mean? It was kinda hard w.that 9.5% beer from room 404 :lol:
'87 auto xr4ti sti wannabee going to Carlisle 2010!)
'90 5.0 LX stang
*Sarah*
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Hahaha.. I remember when one of those crazy PM Motorsports guys was like "Aye mon, air's a bot-tub fool o' beer in 404, door's unlocked mon!" That accent is pimp. :lol:
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

quirkymerk wrote:lol pace myself? what does that mean? It was kinda hard w.that 9.5% beer from room 404 :lol:
I didn't know what it meant either, when I was your age! And every now and again, I forget I'm supposed to know by now! :lol:
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost