New Paint

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

Merkur Club web site
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

New Paint

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

I can't lie to you guys it's not my bike. But I want it to look like this. Look good on a roof rack that's for sure.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Re: New Paint

Post by brokencase »

Andy, I too have fallen in love with bikes. In particular The Wright Bother's Saint Claire...
wright.jpg
wright.jpg (252.86 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
This inspired me to create my modern interpretation...
mywright.jpg
mywright.jpg (163.01 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
But help me here. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the infatuation with the Seinfeld bike that was nothing but a prop in the background. To each his own, I guess.
Specialization is for Insects
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: New Paint

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

I think it is that way with all the stuff from the show. You'd see the word "restaurant" on the door over and over but just for a second. You'd see the Specialized sign in front of the bike shop just for a second, or the yellow crx for a second. The show moved along to the next scene real fast, but each week you'd see something recognizable. And the neighbor blasting through the door started to become funny. Now people have to visit Monk's Restaurant when they visit. You can tell the creators of the show were car people, or at least appreciated them from an aesthetic viewpoint.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.