Carlisle 2006 Survey - Please Reply!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Carlisle 2006 Survey - Please Reply!

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Before any more time passes, I wanted to get this survey out and get some feedback. Feel free to answer all or just some of the questions - if you haven't got input on a particular topic, don't feel like you have to make something up! If you have any comments/suggestions that you'd rather not post publicly, feel free to drop me an off-line message. Any and all feedback is appreciated - the good, bad, and ugly is all welcome.

1. In general, were you happy you attended Merkurs at Carlisle 2006?

2. Do you plan on attending in 2007?

3. Hotel related questions:

- What did you think of the Hotel Carlisle this year?

- Next year, would you prefer to stay at a hotel further away (~15 miles) from the show-field such as the Holiday Inn in Mechanicsburg or the Radisson in Camp Hill, or would you rather return to the Hotel Carlisle (4 miles away). Assume a similar room rate.

4. Saturday night dinner banquet:

- Were you happy with the agenda, both in the pace of time and topics? Why or why not?

- How was the food quality and selection overall?

- What was your favorite entrée? (Seafood Newburg, Chicken Tenders, or Baked Ziti)

- What was your least favorite entrée?

- What did you think about the Q&A session with Paul Straub? (aka Red Baron)

- Any comments (positive, negative, improvements) about the MCA awards?

5. If you are an MCA member, did you attend the Annual General Meeting on Sunday morning? Any suggestions for future meetings?

6. For next year, we're thinking about skipping the "big" graphic for the t-shirt, and just going with a simple "chest pocket" event logo (NOT an actual pocket), on a "high-end" pigment-dyed shirt. Would you be in favor of that, and if so, which color would you prefer (see link for color choices) http://295tees.com/Mens/Tees/Desert_Was ... Shirt.html

7. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included?

8. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year?

9. Are you currently a MCA member? If not, what might cause you to become a member? If you are, what additional benefits would you like to see?

10. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints, feel free...
Brad
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Carlisle 2006 Survey - Please Reply!

Post by Colin »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:1. In general, were you happy you attended Merkurs at Carlisle 2006?
Hell yes!
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:2. Do you plan on attending in 2007?
YES.
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:3. Hotel related questions:

- Next year, would you prefer to stay at a hotel further away (~15 miles) from the show-field such as the Holiday Inn in Mechanicsburg or the Radisson in Camp Hill, or would you rather return to the Hotel Carlisle (4 miles away). Assume a similar room rate.
I like Hotel Carlisle. They didn't kick me out of their parking lot for sleeping in a van... :lol:

I like the current location, but moving further away wouldn't necessarily suck - just means we get to drive our Merkurs more! :)

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Colin wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:3. Hotel related questions:

I like Hotel Carlisle. They didn't kick me out of their parking lot for sleeping in a van... :lol:
Isn't there a place "down by the river" for that??? :mrgreen: I know that's where our motivational speaker, Mr. Matt Foley, stayed a couple years ago! :haha
Brad
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

1. In general, were you happy you attended Merkurs at Carlisle 2006? **YES

2. Do you plan on attending in 2007?***YES

- What did you think of the Hotel Carlisle this year?*** NO breakfast!

****I dont even think about it anymore

- Were you happy with the agenda, both in the pace of time and topics? Why or why not? ***Time was right and the topics were good

- What was your favorite entrée? (Seafood Newburg, Chicken Tenders, or Baked Ziti)***they didnt have any chicken when i was up there and i dont do seafood.....

- What was your least favorite entrée?

- What did you think about the Q&A session with Paul Straub? (aka Red Baron) ****Pretty good, thanks, get Russ for next year

- Any comments (positive, negative, improvements) about the MCA awards? ****the XROC /RSOC are using a "cystal cup" instead of a plaque, i like

5. If you are an MCA member, did you attend the Annual General Meeting on Sunday morning?
***Nope
Any suggestions for future meetings?*** remind me of the time /place.....

6. For next year, we're thinking about skipping the "big" graphic for the t-shirt, and just going with a simple "chest pocket" event logo (NOT an actual pocket), on a "high-end" pigment-dyed shirt. Would you be in favor of that, and if so, which color would you prefer (see link for color choices) http://295tees.com/Mens/Tees/Desert_Was ... Shirt.html
***in favor, but a high end TSHIRT is not worth it. simple graphic =good, expensive TSHIRT=bad.

7. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included? ******didnt even know you did that this year

8. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year?***"badges' for our cars

9. Are you currently a MCA member? If not, what might cause you to become a member? ***YES
If you are, what additional benefits would you like to see?
***nsurance rates, newsletter/magazine(see XRownersclub), website w/ some substance

10. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints, feel free...[/quote]
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
richardcurtis
Level 6
Level 6

Post by richardcurtis »

brad: i loved it all except the parking lot at the Radisson in Camp Hill is much, much better for night-time gatherings. Food was okay; you really can't expect more for the price. Loved the guessing game on the Merkur parts; good way to break the ice at the table if people don't know each other. Goody bag was great; well worth joining MCA. Especially liked the fender cover. If we're going to have programs -- and I believe we should -- they need to start when advertised. MCA did a great job. Thanks for all the hard work.
Richard Curtis
Fairfax Station, Va. '89XR (gone to a new home but not forgotten)
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: 1. In general, were you happy you attended Merkurs at Carlisle 2006?

I've been at better one's, but I was pregnant, so it made it harder for me to do anything!

HELL YEAH!

CRAP...AND LOTS OF BUGS IN THE ROOM

ANOTHER HOTEL IS FINE WITH ME

- Were you happy with the agenda, both in the pace of time and topics? Why or why not?
N/A
- How was the food quality and selection overall? N/A

- What was your favorite entrée? (Seafood Newburg, Chicken Tenders, or Baked Ziti) N/A

- What was your least favorite entrée? N/A

- What did you think about the Q&A session with Paul Straub? (aka Red Baron) N/A

- Any comments (positive, negative, improvements) about the MCA awards? N/A

5. If you are an MCA member, did you attend the Annual General Meeting on Sunday morning? Any suggestions for future meetings?
OOPS..FORGOT ABOUT THAT

7. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included?
YES

8. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year?
IT WAS GREAT! ALL YOUR GIFTS ARE NICE!

9. Are you currently a MCA member? If not, what might cause you to become a member? If you are, what additional benefits would you like to see?
YES, I AM . I THINK MORE LADIES NEED TO HELP WITH JUDGING OR SOMETHING.

DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Thanks T. So can we count on you as a judge for next year??? :P

Maybe I'll find something uglier to attach to my car next year. I want to aim for a new category...

Most likely to be torched in the parking lot :devil
Brad
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

You'll have some stiff competition if DuChene brings his XR. :lol:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

ztee24 wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote: I THINK MORE LADIES NEED TO HELP WITH JUDGING OR SOMETHING.
I'd like to help with judging ladies..... :mrgreen: :wink:

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

I think it would be cool!

:D
GeneticRehab
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GeneticRehab »

1. In general, were you happy you attended Merkurs at Carlisle 2006? Yes I was.

For sure.

- What did you think of the Hotel Carlisle this year? like Tee said. The bugs were alittle much for me. I would prefer a bug free room. But if not prossible, I'll bring my bb gun for target pactice in my room next year.

- Were you happy with the agenda, both in the pace of time and topics? Why or why not? Yes. very smooth.

Food was good.
- What was your favorite entrée? (Seafood Newburg, Chicken Tenders, or Baked Ziti) I'm not a seafood guy. So the rest is my favorite.

- What was your least favorite entrée? Sea food. When I see food I eat it.

- What did you think about the Q&A session with Paul Straub? (aka Red Baron)
That was very cool to have paul out there. It was nice to here some behind the curtain info.
- Any comments (positive, negative, improvements) about the MCA awards? OK in my book.

5. If you are an MCA member, did you attend the Annual General Meeting on Sunday morning? Any suggestions for future meetings? To tired from saterday to attend. But I have been wanting to the last 2 years.

7. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included? A map of the routes to use to get to the show field.

8. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year? The bag was good. Way better than last years. Same thought into next years would be great.

9. Are you currently a MCA member? If not, what might cause you to become a member? If you are, what additional benefits would you like to see? Yes

Jason Liss
1989 XR Still in pieces

1986 XR Sold!