Recommdations for High-end Hotels or B&Bs

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

Recommdations for High-end Hotels or B&Bs

Post by AnHonestCitizen »

For the first time ever, my girlfriend is going to join me at Carlisle. Not to knock the Hotel Carlisle, but I think her whole experience would go over better if we stayed at a nicer place.
A really nice hotel in Harrisburg would be good, or a little B&B that a girl would find "adorable".
---We interrupt this message to find the proper Emoticon...ah, yes, here it is: :puke ---

Now back to previously scheduled posting:

Hey, she doesn't share my love of cars, so I kinda gotta meet her halfway here, ya know?
The only car she is crazy about is the Porsche 356 because they are "cute".
---Hold on, hold on, try to keep it down...ah, hell :puke ---

(And the sad thing is you know she'll win and a 356 will be my garage queen in about ten years.)

Anyways, if y'all have any recommendations I'd appreciate it.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Just make sure the 356 is rust-free. :wink:
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

You should bring her to the Import show this weekend. I'll be the guy there who's pretending to be married with two little kids. :)

I've always thought this would be a neat place to stay, but I know they're close enough to the fairgrounds that they jack up the rates pretty good on show weekends.

http://www.allenberry.com/

If you need any of us to back up your story that everything within 100 miles is sold-out, we're here for ya man - just say the word. :headbang
Brad
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

That Allenberry place looks HILARIOUS. It's an Inn AND Playhouse. I quote: "Allenberry Brings Broadway to Central Pennsylvania"
Priceless.
The ole lady would kill me if I booked this place. I may do it anyway.
Thanks for the tip.
XR4TIboostedmom
Level 1
Level 1

Post by XR4TIboostedmom »

Need an alarm system for your Merk??? Rescue a German shepherd today! PM me for details or visit www.awndr.petfinder.com
XR4TIboostedmom
Level 1
Level 1

Need an alarm system for your Merk??? Rescue a German shepherd today! PM me for details or visit www.awndr.petfinder.com
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for all the help gents. Using those B&B finders, I was able to secure a room at a place called Fox Hollow in Mechanicsburg.
It's got horses!
XR4TIboostedmom
Level 1
Level 1

look at the name....xr4tiboosted MOM not a gent but your welcome anyhow.....i love horses
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

Well, if you like horses, and since you helped me find it, then you should drop by while we're there. The address:

Fox Hollow Farm Bed & Breakfast
3045 Lisburn Road
Mechanicsburg PA 17055
USA

I'm sure we will be able to walk around and check out the horses. Ask for David from DC.

We will be there Friday night only. We have to be in New Haven, CT on Saturday evening. After that, it's off to Watkins Glen, NY on Sunday evening. I'm going to have a lot of fun that weekend!

Ya know I kept reading that second M as an N; "...boostedmon" I had this vague idea that you were either Jamaican or really into reggae. :oops:
Of course being a woman doesn't preclude either of those things from still being true. :)
XR4TIboostedmom
Level 1
Level 1

not Jamaican but I do like some reggae....its no problem and Im not that far away from DC. Just on the other side of Frederick mountain in PA,a lil bit north of Hagerstown MD
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

HAAHAA, trying to get on her good side with brownie points with the B&B, or the Ritz hotel.

So you are only going to Carlisle on Friday ? Most excitement is on Saturday and the evening too.

Have fun riding horses!
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

Actually, all my plans may change...yet again. :roll:
I bought a pair of tickets to the dinner last night just in case I can make it. I'm really interested in the speaker.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

If you're not totally tied to a BandB, consider the Hotel Hershey for a pampered experience. Situated on a good sized hill opposite Hershey Park and up a winding entry road, the hotel is very nice (plush!) and the vast gardens around the hotel are just plain beautiful, with a spectacular view across towards Hershey Park. Hershey is at most about 30 minuts from Carlisle (maybe less), not far from Mechanicsburg. :wink:

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
smoke3006
Level 4
Level 4

Post by smoke3006 »

AnHonestCitizen wrote:Thanks for all the help gents. Using those B&B finders, I was able to secure a room at a place called Fox Hollow in Mechanicsburg.
It's got horses!
Did you end up stay here? If so how was it?
sam
'86 Regency Red Metallic XR4Ti -Blood Monkey

Cure your fever:
http://www.morecowbell.dj/
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

Wasn't half bad actually. The room had cable (with Speed TV, woohoo! Can't get that here in DC) and a small fridge. They served a big breakfast in the morning. No mini danishs and sewer coffee for me that mroning!

The SE (spouse equivalent) couldn't make it, after all. There were no other guests so I had run of the place. I didn't take advantage of it, though. I boogied straight over to the parking lot on Friday night, and beat it out the door for the show field first thing on Saturday so I really didn't do much but sleep and eat there.
Last edited by AnHonestCitizen on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.