THANK You to the MCA

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

THANK You to the MCA

Post by Ray »

For a Fantastical Time at Carlisle this year. I didn't expect such a warm welcome, nor such a great group of people.

Sorry we had to leave saturday, i hope everything went well sat. night and sunday, and i hope everyone had a safe commute home.
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

You're welcome Ray. Good to meet you. Can I assume you'll be staying for the whole weekend next year??? :lol:
Brad
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

Yeah, Brad. Sorry, we had prior obligations. Trust me, driving that car saturday night 350 miles into a nice rainstorm was not on my top 10 list of things to do. (my car kicked my ass). Next time i'm bringing a pillow to sit on, or doing the smart thing and trailoring...
-Ray
2005 Subaru LGT
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I'm betting that your ride home was less of an ass-kicker than mine. My engine computer flaked out into default mode a few times. The most blatent failure occured on a steep hill climb and I blew two fire-balls out the rear as a result. Had Dan West been traveling any closer behind me, I might have lit his bumper on fire!
Brad
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Yup - I'm with Ray - many thanks MCA for all your efforts!!

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Most useful "goodie bags" ever. Fender cover on and the wax, interior wipes, and key light battery already in good use within 48 hours.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:Most useful "goodie bags" ever. Fender cover on and the wax, interior wipes, and key light battery already in good use within 48 hours.
About time we came up with some stuff that you didn't want to sell on eBay the following week, eh Mike!? :haha

You can thank Rob MacDonald for the fender cover - he found the vendor at last year's show and got the ball rolling. In the nicest way possible, I told Meguiar's that we didn't really have use for yet another batch of Quick Detailer. :P
Brad
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

Thank You :lol:

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: In the nicest way possible, I told Meguiar's that we didn't really have use for yet another batch of Quick Detailer. :P
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

Post by AnHonestCitizen »

I second what Jason said. I got a shelf full of that stuff from all my past Carlisles. Never used them. Open up one of those old bags and moths will fly out.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

AnHonestCitizen wrote:I second what Jason said. I got a shelf full of that stuff from all my past Carlisles. Never used them. Open up one of those old bags and moths will fly out.
Saul actually found that Quick Detailer works well on granite counter-top. I was going to try it out as a mouthwash if they gave us another batch! :haha
Brad
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

quik detailer's best application is in claybarring.

Mike, how do you get the battery out of the key? i got the piece off (press the merkur badge) but how do you crack that shell?
-Ray
2005 Subaru LGT
dedwards
Level 2
Level 2

Post by dedwards »

Many thanks to MCA leadership for another super Carlisle event & weekend. It was great seeing friends again and also meeting new ones. We (Roberta & I) were taken back by receiving the Club restoration award for our 88 XR. This recognition by our fellow Merkur enthusiasts will always be special.

I too would like to offer thanks for the goodie bag this year. The fender mats came in handy for protective cover in our 88 XR since I'd bought a dual exhaust, Cat-back Borla system off of Brad. It was especially nice to see some different offerings and the absence of Quik Detailer! My current inventory of Quik Detailer should last me through Carlisle 2015!

Roberta & I made it home (SC) w/o incident. The 88 XR ran flawlessly and seemed to operate much better in the 80-85 mph range! (It just won't run 55-60!) Ended up covering 550 miles in just under 7 hrs, averaging 24 mpg. Even partnered up with a Porsche 944 right after we crossed into VA and ran around 100 for about 30 minutes. That was fun!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to next year and possibly bringing my low mileage (70k) 89 XR.

Roberta & I also found a Bronco (79, I think) for sale that had just undergone a full resoration beginning in April this year. Had a 4.6 liter Mustang motor under the hood. Turns out the custom shop that did the work is only 40 miles from me! I've got an itch and just may have to scratch it! (One can never have enough toys!)

Later,
Dennis E.
86 XR4Ti, 81k, C3, Diamond White
88 XR4Ti, 125k, T9, Sand Gold Metallic (SOLD)
89 XR4Ti, 74k, C3, Diamond White (SOLD)
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

I'm sending a big thank you to anybody who had any involvement in making the whole picture work. It takes a lot of time to arrange all the details and to pull everything together. Thanks for making it work!
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

You're welcome Chris and all. Eleven years of these shows - amazing.

In 1996, my XR was six years old and the 6 year/60,000 warranty had just expired. It had been in and out of the dealer during those six years and much as I liked the car, it was not the most reliable and I was ready to get rid of it. Carlisle 1996 changed all that. Being among other Merkur owners, experiencing the same problems and sharing performance improvements and tips was amazing. In the following year, I had fixed myself 2 or 3 niggling problems the dealer had been unable to address.

Merkurs at Carlisle just gets better. It is a lot of hard work, but overall it's enjoyable and meeting up with friends again is always a highlight. There just isn't enough time to do it!

Thanks everyone for making this year's Carlisle a resounding success.

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Many thanks to the MCA directors for organizing the weekend's events! I had a great time... definitely coming back next year. :)

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.