Bravo to MCA, Carlisle Productions, club members, etc!!!!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Bravo to MCA, Carlisle Productions, club members, etc!!!!

Post by MerkurScorpio »

I want to take a moment and thank the Directors of the MCA for another fantastic year at Carlisle. As always, the event was well-run and an absolute blast, and the Directors deserve a standing ovation for their efforts! Running an event of this scale is no easy feat, yet the MCA time and time again pulls it off with masterful success.

I think it is also appropriate to send a thanks to Carlisle Productions for their continued support of the MCA and all of us Merk-a-holics! Also a big thanks to the "Red Baron" for speaking at the dinner and answering our questions.

I would like to send a huge thanks to the club members for making the MCA the best car club out there. I greatly appreciate all of the tech tips and maintainance suggestions. Keeping our Merkurs going requires the dedication and passion that only a club as great as the MCA can afford its members. I know this is starting to sound like an infomercial testimonial here, but I can't say how much I truly appreciate the efforts of the MCA.

Last, but most certainly not least, I want to thank everyone for so warmly welcoming my fiancee Carrie into the community. She doesn't yet have a Merkur (although we're working on that), but she had a fantastic time, enjoyed meeting everyone and, when all was said and done, decided to become a full member of the MCA.

In closing, I shall sum up my reaction to Carlisle 2006 in a single word: BRAVO!!!
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Appreciate the kind words Paul. :oops: About mid-May every year, I decide it's totally not worth the effort and I'm never doing it again. Somehow those thoughts get erased after the weekend has passed and "another year over, and a new one just begun".
Brad
tannehilln
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tannehilln »

I think we all have that feeling in mid May, well at least next year I should not have to be out of town for a week in May making time a major problem
Every day above ground is a good day!

Norm Tannehill

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Joseph Heller
richardcurtis
Level 6
Level 6

Post by richardcurtis »

It gets better every year. Congrats especially to Brad for pushing the banquet program along... ran like clockwork, IMHO. the goodie bag especially, was appreciated (I love the fender cover!!). Now, if we can just get less-harsh-you're-under-the-spotlight lighting in the parking lot.
Richard Curtis
Fairfax Station, Va. '89XR (gone to a new home but not forgotten)
phild765
Level 6
Level 6

Thanks Guys!

Post by phild765 »

I just wanted to echo everyones words! I had a great time this year, first in a long time. Good work guys, keep it up! yes, keep that program moving!

Phil D
opmd.com
Check out our new Groove oriented web radio station: http://www.thebocx.com
tannehilln
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Thanks Guys!

Post by tannehilln »

phild765 wrote:I just wanted to echo everyones words! I had a great time this year, first in a long time. Good work guys, keep it up! yes, keep that program moving!

Phil D
opmd.com
I was glad to see you and see you having a good time, I missed your vendor set up but understand that this way was better.

Once again I am going to try to get around and see more people next year, I just have trouble getting out of the tent.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Norm Tannehill

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Joseph Heller
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

richardcurtis wrote:Now, if we can just get less-harsh-you're-under-the-spotlight lighting in the parking lot.
That reminds me.. who was in charge of that lighting (if anyone)? It was getting dark on Friday night and the lights were still out, so I took it upon myself to walk over there and fijure out how to start the thing and flip the lights on... It was awesome... everyone looked at me and said "Are you supposed to do that?" :lol:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Colin wrote:That reminds me.. who was in charge of that lighting (if anyone)? It was getting dark on Friday night and the lights were still out, so I took it upon myself to walk over there and fijure out how to start the thing and flip the lights on... It was awesome... everyone looked at me and said "Are you supposed to do that?" :lol:
Sounds to me like you figured out who was in charge of the lighting. Always remember the golden rule.... To ask permission is to seek denial. :twisted:
Brad