Carlisle Regrets

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

John Brennan wrote:What was that about "old age and cunning beating youth and inexperience every time?" :lol:

Ed skinny-dips with the sharks!
Don't know, when I went to ask the old age fella, he was dead :lol:

Of course Ed can skinny dip with the sharks, it's no different than him doing it with Sorority girls... They would laugh and swim away. :lol:
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

fastmaul wrote:
John Brennan wrote:What was that about "old age and cunning beating youth and inexperience every time?" :lol:

Of course Ed can skinny dip with the sharks, it's no different than him doing it with Sorority girls... They would laugh and swim away. :lol:
They'd join the lengthy list of others too intimidated by the size of my, um, dipstick [I've named it my Hammerhead.] :P :wink:

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Ed Lijewski wrote:
fastmaul wrote:

They'd join the lengthy list of others too intimidated by the size of my, um, dipstick [I've named it my Hammerhead.] :P :wink:

YMMV 8)
No you got it confused... they're called Hammertoes! They can do surgery now to fix that. :D
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
turbofan
Level 7
Level 7

Post by turbofan »

"youth and vitality are no match for old age and treachery."

awesome, Ed. bravo!
Ed (yep, another Ed....)

THEY ALL (except partsie) RUN!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/turbofan
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

turbofan wrote:"youth and vitality are no match for old age and treachery."

awesome, Ed. bravo!
One Ed leads to another... not that doesn't surprise me . :lol:
Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

?

Post by Mike McCreight »

Could this be......

The "Special Eds"?
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!
tannehilln
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tannehilln »

merkurmaniac wrote:I am just curious..... What could anyone want a physical trophy for most cars at Calisle award for ??

It kind of makes me think of this guy I used to work with. His cubicle was full of tons of tennis trophies. We always joked that they were at work, since his wife was probably so sick of hearing about tennis, that she made him take them to work.

I guess I don't understand the trophy idea. Just knowing that we (collectively) beat the fairlane guys is good enough for me. I do have one trophy in my office, it is for first place in the 1k relay, or something like that, at the 1999 (last year they had it) S&B Turkey Trot, our company picnic. I ended up with it, since I was one of the last to leave and it seemed poor form to leave it at the picnic site.
It wouod seem the second and third place clubs agree as they did not even show up to accept the trophy this year
Every day above ground is a good day!

Norm Tannehill

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Joseph Heller
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

tannehilln wrote:It wouod seem the second and third place clubs agree as they did not even show up to accept the trophy this year
Given the benefit of hindsight, when Dave Points of Carlisle asked, "Which of you is from the Fairlane and Mustang clubs?, one of us should have stepped up for each of the no-shows and then we could have brought three trophies back to the tent!!! :devil :headbang
Brad
tannehilln
Level 4
Level 4

Hot Dogs

Post by tannehilln »

I am thinking of having a small grill and doing hot dogs in the tent from 11 am till 1 pm or we run out on Saturday

Part of the idea is to lure people to the tent to get dinner tickets and shirts picked up so we Directors can have more time to just bs and walk around rather than manning the tent --
Every day above ground is a good day!

Norm Tannehill

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Joseph Heller
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
tannehilln wrote:It wouod seem the second and third place clubs agree as they did not even show up to accept the trophy this year
Given the benefit of hindsight, when Dave Points of Carlisle asked, "Which of you is from the Fairlane and Mustang clubs?, one of us should have stepped up for each of the no-shows and then we could have brought three trophies back to the tent!!! :devil :headbang
Naught, naughty... imagine if ALL the Stang clubs combined to be one, bye bye 1st place! LOL.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

fastmaul wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Naught, naughty... imagine if ALL the Stang clubs combined to be one, bye bye 1st place! LOL.
I'll bet on world peace happening first! :haha
Brad
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

Naught, naughty... imagine if ALL the Stang clubs combined to be one, bye bye 1st place! LOL.
No way, they are too divided by personal issues to ever join together in a single public gathering. They are not like Merkur owners, we have no such problems.....
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
fastmaul wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Naught, naughty... imagine if ALL the Stang clubs combined to be one, bye bye 1st place! LOL.
I'll bet on world peace happening first! :haha
Hey you never know, I mean, I never thought I would see a Pontiac Grill and Emblem on a Merkur. :lol: :lol: :D
Khobin~
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Khobin~ »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:I know you all want me to say I regret putting a Pontiac Grand Prix nose on my XR, but you won't hear that. In a slightly twisted way :twisted: I had more fun with that than anything I've ever done to the car. Here's some of the comments I remember....

"That is just so wrong."
"Have you lost your mind?"
"Why?"
"You've sunk to a whole new level I didn't realize existed"

So I'm struggling for any regrets. I suppose I could say I regret not chasing after the rent-a-cop security guard and letting him know we would be out in the parking lot into the wee hours of the morning, and he should check with the front desk to verify that's not a problem.
That's great, I think I'll have t oadd that one to my sig... "You've sunk to a whole new level I didn't realize existed"

As for Carlisle regrets...

Not being able to go, almost 100% due to lack of funds, but hey, some year I'll have the $, and take the vaction time, to drive the over 8000 km trip to go... :twisted:
"Oh Lord...why do u mock me so?" - Homer
sbachmeier wrote:If I have learned anything in this life, it is: don't mess with anyone who drives a Merkur XR4Ti.