New Hotel for Merkurs at Carlisle 2007

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 1-3, 2007.
Merkur Club web site
GeneticRehab
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GeneticRehab »

Well I have been to at least 200 differnet hotels. So I don't expect to much. So I have an idea to what to expect. Ok. The bugs were a big problem in my room. But I had a good time. It was worth it. But the no bug thing will make it that much better. :thumb
Jason Liss
1989 XR Still in pieces

1986 XR Sold!
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Hey it's Carlisle...most likely they're water bugs.

Besides, If you work on a Merkur, you are used to bugs.
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
Not until checkout, HOWEVER, unlike in previous years, if for any reason you need to cancel your reservation, it must be cancelled 2 or more days previous to the reservation. Note that this is different from most hotel reservations where you can usually cancel up until 4PM on the day of the reservation; needs to be 48+ hours advance notice here.
Website says: CANCELLATION POLICY:
If you need to modify or cancel your reservation, please do so before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Friday, 1 June, 2007 or your credit card will be billed for a minimum of 1 night plus tax

Also right now they have only double-bed rooms in non-smoking. The King and Queen rooms are all smoking rooms now.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:Website says: CANCELLATION POLICY:
If you need to modify or cancel your reservation, please do so before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Friday, 1 June, 2007 or your credit card will be billed for a minimum of 1 night plus tax
Mike- That sounds like their general cancellation policy. They're supposed to have a different set of rules applied for our group rate, but it's possible they aren't enforcing them. To be on the safe side, should you need to cancel, try to do so several days in advance.
Brad
GeneticRehab
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GeneticRehab »

Well I will not be able to goto Carlisle this year. I will be moving into a house. So my room is going to be available to any one that wants it. I really want to go but with moving expences, I can not afford to get my car up to the trip and move and pay for the trip itself. If you are looking for a room. PM me. And I will work with the hotel with you to transfer the room over. I have a nonsmking room.

Hey Brad I still want a shirt!

Jason
Jason Liss
1989 XR Still in pieces

1986 XR Sold!
GeneticRehab
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GeneticRehab »

Room is spoken for.
Jason Liss
1989 XR Still in pieces

1986 XR Sold!
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

Post by AnHonestCitizen »

I booked a room at the Hotel Merkur just the other night, so I'm guessing that rooms are still available.
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Radisson next year anyone? :lol:
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:Radisson next year anyone? :lol:
It'll be considered for sure. But really, it came down to two issues at the Holiday Inn that caused the problems - one, "our" collective fault, and the other, the hotel's fault.

#1 A few people doing burn-outs on the "back straight-away" of the hotel property put the hotel on notice they "we" could be a problem and heightened their "alert level" as a result. Let's face it, it's not like our cars are going to be mistaken for yellow mustangs, so they knew it was "us".

#2 Was mostly the hotel's fault. They had agreed to locate all of us in that wing of rooms that face northeast over-looking the parking lot. Had they done that, they most likely would not have gotten complaints from the guests trying to actually go to sleep at 2AM.

Generally speaking though, you gotta keep in mind, over the past couple years there have been major issues with "car show people" causing problems at all the local hotels. The police are going to be called in a lot quicker AT ANY HOTEL if there is a problem. Just because we didn't have the police called in to the Radisson when we stayed there in 2000-2003 doesn't mean it won't happen if we stay there in 2008.
Brad
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

First year ever, I went to bed early, what the hell did you guys do???? :lol:
merkurdriver wrote:Radisson next year anyone? :lol:
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

jasonty wrote:First year ever, I went to bed early, what the hell did you guys do???? :lol:
Too loud at 3 am Fri. night and then a couple spinning tires on Sat. night but I think that was pretty much retaliation for them coming out earlier and telling us to go in. :roll:
blugg
Level 7
Level 7

fri night loud

Post by blugg »

the two ladies had all the guys beat on who could be the loudest.....out of the 30ish guys yapping at the same time it was no match for two ladies partying.
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

So what was this talk about somebody dumping oil on the hotel's parking lot? :?
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

Colin, from what I understand somebody's car leaked gas during the MCA dinner.

As for the hotel itself I thought it was the best we've stayed at since I started coming to Carlisle in 2000. I was sure to tell them how much we enjoyed the hotel, especially after hearing about some of the incidents during the weekend. However, the hotel could have dealt with things better.

There is no doubt that if they wanted to alleviate problems with non-car-show guests they should have put ALL club members (both MCA and YMR) in the wings facing the lots. Interestingly I should note that our room faced the outdoor pool and all we could hear all night was the pounding music from the bar. For the hotel to criticize us for making noise is a little hypocritical if you think about it.

To whoever deemed it prudent to do burnouts and donuts in the parking lot on Saturday night, whether it be in retaliation or just to get some kicks, WHAT THE HELL? Don't get us all in trouble because you can't behave! This kind of nonsense is unneccessary and only serves to give the MCA a bad name. Plus, it only increases the chances of someone getting hurt. So in short...knock it off!

Despite the criticisms of the hotel, I still believe it to be the best place we've stayed yet and hope to be there again next year. No matter where we choose to stay though, we'll be there.
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

MerkurScorpio wrote:Colin, from what I understand somebody leaked gas during the MCA dinner.
Oops, sorry...

I liked the Radisson and the H Inn. The Rad had some really bad food. Remember the cardboard burger pattys shaped like a pole dancers paistie?

Since when did Merkurs become able to do burn-outs?
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"