Thanks to the MCA & Carlisle Events!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 1-3, 2007.
Merkur Club web site
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks to the MCA & Carlisle Events!

Post by MerkurScorpio »

I just wanted to say thank you to all the leaders and members of the MCA and the folks at Carlisle Events for making 2007 another great year! Carrie and I had an absolute blast and enjoyed seeing everyone again. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did!

I have a few more specific thanks I want to send out a little later, but I gotta run right now...
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
Reno3133
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reno3133 »

Thanks everyone for making this possible. I had a great time. :D
richardcurtis
Level 6
Level 6

Post by richardcurtis »

X2. Brad, Paul, Saul and all the folks who put this together for MCA deserve a great big THANKS! Each year, the weekend gets better. Thanks again.
Richard Curtis
Fairfax Station, Va. '89XR (gone to a new home but not forgotten)
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

As I said earlier I wanted to thank a few specific folks for making our Carlisle experience so great.

First of all, I want to thank the judges for awarding me and my wife the "Most Enjoyed Merkur" award at the banquet. Of the nine awards I've won for my Scorpio so far, this is by far the most meaningful. Carrie and I do throroughly enjoy our car and we enjoy sharing the whole Merkur experience with our family and friends. And of course, we've used the Scorp for some very special occassions including our wedding. We love the commeradarie of the MCA and are proud to be members.

A million thanks go to the MCA Directorts, Brad Anesi, Scott Williams, Paul West, Saul Rivkin, and Norm Tannehill for once again making Carlisle a weekend to remember. I know how much hard work went into making the event a success and you deserve a "standing O" for all your efforts.

Bill Miller and everyone at Carlisle Events put on yet another fantastic show and deserve a big thanks from everyone for being so supportive of the Merkur community.

Lastly I want to thank Lionel Baron for providing me with a few computers for my car to help diagnose it's occassionally awkward idle and throttle response, Frank Lavala for helping me find a parts car and Saul Rivkin who put up with a few phone calls from me before Carlisle in my desperate attempts to diagnose a few ills with my gauges.

The time and generosity we offer each other to keep our Merkurs going and our passion alive is what makes the MCA so wonderful and keeps me and my family coming back every year. I already can't wait for Carlisle '08!

My Facebook page
Frank_Scorpio

Thanks for a very warm welcome in my first year @ Carlise!!

Post by Frank_Scorpio »

Hello everyone. I want to thank everyone for making Carlise a very interesting and fun weekend for me! I know I didn't get to stay with everyone at the hotel, but definitely count me in for next year! I am joining MCA and hope to participate in many of the great events I've heard all about from existing memebers. I'd like to personally thank Saul for stopping to see if I was ok on the PA Turnpike at the rest stop, although I was just waiting for my friend to get gas. HAHA!! What a beautiful car!! I also would like to say that it was very nice meeting Paul & Carrie, Jerry, Chuck, Mike, and please excuse anyone I forgot, as I'm trying to remember everyone I met this past weekend. Jerry, if you read this post, I'm planning on picking up the Black 89 soon and will call you! Paul, I'm cleaning up the white 88 now and had it taken back home last night. I'll let you know what I want to do and definitely keep you posted. It was an absolute pleasure meeting everyone! Oh....this short story is ironic and pretty cool....

So, I'm driving home Sunday evening and get passed on a local highway near home by a friend from school who drives a flatbed tow truck. He flies on past me and I didn't want to do 70mph to catch him. I get a phone call from him Monday morning telling me that he had picked up a Merkur last night!! That's where he was flying so fast on Sunday night! Well, of course he knows nothing but that I'm a Merkur nut!! So, needless to say folks, I have aquired an 87 XR4Ti!!! It's an automatic, black exterior, gray leather interior. It has been sitting for quite some time, but the paint is still excellent. With the exception of a small rust spot on the driver's side front fender, it's gonna clean up nice!! I got it to crank, but it won't turn over!! So, as I have more time to get into it more, I will keep everyone updated!! Happy Merkuring!!

88 Merkur Scorpio 20,000 miles Mandarin Metallic
88 Merkur Scorpio 124,000 White
88 Merkur Scorpio 72,000??? yup the cluster went... Blue (My 1st one!)
88 Merkur Scorpio 191,000 R.I.P. --she's gone now...got parts tho!!
89 Merkur Scorpio 35,000 Black...parts car
89 Merkur Scorpio 142,000 Silver...also a parts car
87 Merkur XR4ti NEW!!!! 125,000 miles
[/i]
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

MerkurScorpio wrote:First of all, I want to thank the judges for awarding me and my wife the "Most Enjoyed Merkur" award at the banquet. Of the nine awards I've won for my Scorpio so far, this is by far the most meaningful. Carrie and I do throroughly enjoy our car and we enjoy sharing the whole Merkur experience with our family and friends. And of course, we've used the Scorp for some very special occassions including our wedding. We love the commeradarie of the MCA and are proud to be members.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18870228/

Add your wedding pic to it!

:wink:

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

I might just have to do that Ed!

By the way, I want to thank the folks at B.C. Rivers Automotive in Mechanicsburg for building a custom exhaust for me on Friday afternoon after part of mine disintigrated on the way down. They did a great job for a fair price and I would highly recommend them to anyone who has a similar issue on "Carlisle Friday" that requires a lift and welding and thus can't be repaired by fellow club members. They're not open Saturdays or Sundays but said they'd be happy to help out anyone who needs some mechanical assistance on Friday. Keep that in mind for next year! Their number is 717-766-1414.

My Facebook page