NJ/NY/NE 'Snake' Convoy

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 6-8, 2008.
Merkur Club web site
Merkur

NJ/NY/NE 'Snake' Convoy

Post by Merkur »

In years gone by we have had up to 15 or 20 cars in this convoy, but in recent years we have not been able to agree on timing. This year appears to be the same, but let's see what everyone's timing is.

- I aim to leave as early as I can on Friday morming. Arriving on the showfield no later than 11am, but hopefully 10am.
- My son (Andrew) is heading down after classes and leaving Hoboken around 4:30pm.
- I know that Brad is aiming to head down on Thursday.

I am in Oakland NJ, I-287 Exit 58, and will travel I-287 to I-78. We have met others at the first exit off I-78 (Lamington?) in previous years.

Post your timing here and we'll see if we can get some groups together.

Paul
(Car still not cleaned since February and needed a lot of late nights this week to get it ready!)
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
MagentaRed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MagentaRed »

I'm aiming to get out early Friday morning, but as always at Carlisle time, I'm on late nights all week at work. This means getting very little sleep Thursday night. Assuming I will actually have a running car to drive out there, I can hook up with Paul like we did last year.

Dirty car in the shop, running hot.

Scott
Scott Williams
Roseland, New Jersey
1989 Merkur Scorpio, Strato Silver Auto-Flex High Gloss Coating, euro headlamps, euro tail lamps, custom wheels
2019 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, SYNC3, Pwr. Liftgate, Premium Audio
2014 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, Towing, Appearance Pkg.
2000 Volvo SE, Our Florida Car
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

from what i hear there are a bunch of nj and nyc merkurs leaving around 12 noon from what i hear.... I will find out more info tho...
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Thanks Rooster. Scott & I have to get down there a lot earlier than noon to ensure we are all set up on the showfield and at the hotel.

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

well now we are aiming for 10am to leave what time are you guys leaving or meeting up at??
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Ok, Brad is already there, having left on Thursday. Scott & I are meeting up at 7:45am Friday morning at the first exit west of I-287 on I-78W. I believe it is signposted Lamington and is north of Somerville, south of Morristown. We have used that one before and it works out well.

My son (Andrew) is leaving Hoboken at 4:30pm in his red XR so keep your eyes open for us. My cell is 201-888-4096 in case you need to contact us.

All the best. See you on the showfield,

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA