Brad's Oddball Collection of Carlisle Pics

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 6-8, 2008.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Brad's Oddball Collection of Carlisle Pics

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I didn't take many pics at all, so this will be quick. First a few Orange/Black combo Mustangs, which is the way I'm leaning towards painting the Brat...

A vintage Ranchero, painted a neat copper color (lighting was lousy at the time, so it doesn't really jump)....

Here's one I had only heard about before, never seen. It was a last gasp effort to have a Ford-based competitor to the El Camino, once Ford had killed off the Torino-based Ranchero. It's a Fairmont-based Durango, which was created outside of Ford, but apparently with some level of support by Ford. I believe only about 200 were produced...

Here's a real truck. The sorta sad part is that Ford has plans to bring the F100 nameplate back, but as a Honda Ridgeline competitor. I'd much rather see them do a retro version of one of these.

This is how you get home on one front brake when the other caliper seizes. Not a strategy I endorse! :lol:
Brad
Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

?

Post by Mike McCreight »

Line locks!!!!!!!!
You know, you could have used your "Torque Grips" (tm) for that Brad!
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tork-grip.html
I kinda like the orange/black combo... The darker the orange, the better, leaning towards a "burnt orange" tone.
Or maybe just 70s Subaru crap-brown? :o
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

great pictures brad... good thing that held until you got home
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven