The Final Countdown - READ THIS!!!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 5-7, 2009.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

The Final Countdown - READ THIS!!!

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Merkurs at Merkuritaville 2009 (aka Carlisle) is now just a little over a week away. I checked in with Carlisle Events this morning, and our registration numbers are ahead of last year, so it's figuring to be another big year for Merkurs in Carlisle! Here's some last-minute reminders...

1) MCA membership renewal. You need to do this PRIOR to the show if you want to get your goody bag and be eligible for the give-aways at the Saturday night reception. There will be no sign-ups at the show - you need to do this in advance. At this late hour, the best bet is to renew via paypal, easily done via this link: http://www.merkurclub.com/joinHow.htm

2) Our crazy theme of "Merkurs at Merkuritaville" has taken off, and people are threatening to arrive in full parot-head costume at the Merkuritaville oasis on the show-field, complete with palm trees and pirates. We'll have ice cold margaritas and lemonade at the tent - just remember to bring your own "flavorings" should you so desire. Anyone have a 5 gallon insulated water cooler? Drop me a message off-line, if you would.

3) If you haven't yet registered for the show, you can still make it a "game day decision" and just drive to Carlisle and register at the show. Don't end up having "Carlisle regret" by sitting at home next weekend - plan now on being there.

4) Last I checked, there are just a couple rooms left at the Camp Hill Raddison. Call now (800.333.3333) if you want a room - tomorrow may be too late - be sure to ask for the MCA group discount or you may be given a higher rate and/or told no rooms are available.

5) Saturday at 2PM at the Merkuritaville Oasis (MCA Tent), be there for the Eaton LSD install into a stock Merkur 7.5 differential case.

6) Don't forget the AutoX on Sunday at 9:30AM. Whether you have a stock or prepared Merkur, just show up at the show-field and prepare to make like you're AJ Foyt. Chris Grayson has thrown the gauntlet down and is already laying claim to the Fastest Time of the Day. Who's gonna knock him off the podium??? :O)

Questions? Ask away.
Brad