Who made it home safe or a road travel update?

* Merkur 25th Anniversary * Topics related to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2010.

Moderators: DPDISXR4Ti, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Who made it home safe or a road travel update?

Post by Rooster »

I just got home.... Who made it home safe? or Where are you on the road?
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
Firefox
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Firefox »

Just got home safely with my haul. The house owners (hint: parents) weren't too shocked by all the stuff... well, not at all for some reason. :D I saw three XRs and a truck off (Colin, Sarah, Valerie, and Dave - hope I got names right) at the I79/19 exit on I76 and everyone was going strong. Good luck guys and thanks for the ride to David.
Last edited by Firefox on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mysticfireXR
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mysticfireXR »

myself, mike, and kevin all made it home safe in our Scorpios. Had a few problems with the '89 leaking some tranny fluid but once we got through the hills we were fine. Hope everyone else had a safe trip!
-88 Scorpio 5 spd
-89 Scorpio 5 spd
-88 Scorpio (5.0 swap in progress)
-68 IH dump
-71 IH pickup
-73 IH Scout II
-72,74 IH Travelall's
-73 IH Travelette
-91 IMPULSE RS
-04 BMW X3 6-spd.
-87 MONO XR
MagentaRed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MagentaRed »

Got home around 11PM to New Jersey. Convoyed with Paul and Andrew West. Dinner at the Allentown Brew Works. Was way too tired to go online last night.

Scott
Scott Williams
Roseland, New Jersey
1989 Merkur Scorpio, Strato Silver Auto-Flex High Gloss Coating, euro headlamps, euro tail lamps, custom wheels
2019 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, SYNC3, Pwr. Liftgate, Premium Audio
2014 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, Towing, Appearance Pkg.
2000 Volvo SE, Our Florida Car
AMXSC
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AMXSC »

I got home with no problems 1146 miles from the Carlisle gate to home in 16 hours.
1988 Merkur Xr4ti
1985 SVO Mustang
1985.5 SVO Mustang
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Made it home safe & sound last night. No troubles.
jkxr4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jkxr4ti »

Made it back last night. No Breakdowns and best of all No Tickets. :thumb
Jeremy Kemp

RIP: the Mutt….1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

The whole HookSport gang is home safe and sound without any issues along the way!
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
darkangel26

Post by darkangel26 »

sean and i made it home safe w no issues yday
Alicia
89 Merkur Scorpio
86XR4Ti5SPD
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 86XR4Ti5SPD »

The run home was a great end to the 25th! Sunday after the Merk presentation (how much better could that have turned out for one of our own!?!), I motored 200 miles south to Waynesboro, VA and overnighted near the start of the Blue Ridge Pkwy. I jumped on that puppy at 6:15 AM -- hoping to get out ahead of the sight-seeing motorists -- and ran it to Roanoke in a couple hours.

It's posted at 45 MPH, so I kept it at a comfortable 55-65, staying mindful of slow-moving RVs or bicyclists. As it turned out, other than two bicycles, I did not run up on a SINGLE other vehicle for the entire 100 miles of that twisty run! However, I did have to slow a bit for three wild turkeys, one doe and two black bears standing at the edge of the roadway. It really was about as good as gets!
Ed, Nashville
98 SVT Cobra, 1-owner 33K-mile convertible bought 8/15
86 5-spd, Solid Roof, sold 9/15 with 62K miles
03 SVTF #1965 of 3985, sold 9/15 with 68K miles
http://www.86xr4ti5spd.homestead.com
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

Just made it in. Dropped my "copilot/cargo" off in Baltimore, then hoofed it south. Fantastic weather on Sunday afternoon and we drove as far as Knoxville. The next morning, we took off in nice weather to Flower Mound TX, a burb of Dallas. I dropped off my dad in Austin today, and just got home. odo says 9,500 miles, 95% of that is Carlisle tripping. It was really fun this year, and nice to see folks I haven't seen in four or five years. A lot of beautiful cars, nice people, and good company. A big thanks for the MCA for all their efforts in setting up that cool building too, it was obviously a whole lot of work !!

Richard Thompson
Sugarland, TX.
landonnin1
Level 1
Level 1

well I made it back to kalamazoo mi safe but

Post by landonnin1 »

did not have any car problems but on my way home on 80/90 west side of Akron, OH I hit heavy rain around 6:30 pm as I slowed down for the rain I came up on a car that had just hit the wall and rolled over, I quickly pulled over and jump out of the car to find 3 people trapped in the car,2 more people stopped to lend a hand so we call 911 and check over everyone in the car and found it was safe to pull them from the car, there was blood every where but everyone alive.one man had hit his head on the road when the car flipped and was bleeding very bad ,a women passenger who had several puncher wound in her legs and a badly broken toe on her left foot then there was a women driver who had hit her noise on the steering wheel and possible dislocated shoulder. I didn't get home till early morning but it was all worth it I am very glad no one died and that I have had rescue training. One thing I would like to pass along from this is you should always have a first aid kit in your car and maybe a old blanket because you never know when someone or yourself might need it ( I was the only one that had a first aid kit in my car that had stopped to help but it was not full so if you are one who carries a kit please keep it stocked you never know who's life will depend on it )
stay safe and please stop to lend a hand even if you think there is nothing you can do !!!
Matt Landon
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Firefox wrote:I saw three XRs and a truck off (Colin, Sarah, Vanessa, and Dave - hope I got names right) at the I79/19 exit on I76 and everyone was going strong. Good luck guys and thanks for the ride to David.
Close, but no cigar. That's Valerie. ;)
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
Firefox
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Firefox »

Krap, I knew I didn't have it right. Thanks Colin.
MotorHead

Journey Home from Carlisle 2010

Post by MotorHead »

Got home to Jupiter, FL at 2 AM this morning. I had a chance to to stop by my Grandmother's house in Marietta, GA as well as look at a 1970 MGB split bumper addition for sale before heading south to sunny, but flat South Florida. We trailored the Scorp this year because of some troubles I had on the journey up. Next year, it will be all Scorp once I get that trans cooler. It was great putting faces to screen names. Saul....if you see this post, I can't thank you enough for helping me fix my car. It runs great now. Next year, my Scorpio will have some new additions. I will never say it will be done.....its NEVER finished.

Tyler
I would rather push a Merkur than drive a Honda.