Danaport is a Scam

Use this forum to provide feedback, positive and negative, on buyers and sellers who you have had direct contact with. Please do NOT use this forum to resolve an issue unless you have first taken all reasonable measures to resolve privately (e-mail, phone calls, etc). Furthermore, please be civil and rational or your post may be deleted. Regardless, the MCA can not and will not be accountable for anything indicated herein.
Merkur Club web site
fallenone121
Level 1
Level 1

Danaport is a Scam

Post by fallenone121 »

I ordered shocks and springs for my XR4TI from Danaport - after a week without getting shipment info I called and emailed them without answer - tried again the following Monday and Tuesday - no answers.

840$ into the purchase I contacted my credit card company putting in complaint and chargeback request via the federal credit union.

Ordered the parts the second time around from Summit, Advanced, and Eibach Direct. Sadly no company sold or had on hand more than one of the items at a time to buy everything from the same place.

Danaport is indeed absolutely a scam.
Charles McMillan
Battle Creek, MI
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Danaport is a Scam

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

It looks like everyone that dealt with them had a bad experience. I didn't scroll though all 261 reviews but it doesn't look like they ever shipped anything to anyone. You should be able to get your money back since you used a credit card. I would give Mike or Jeff a call for suspension parts.
https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/dana-point/pr ... er-reviews
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

Never heard of them. What are you trying to purchase?
fallenone121
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fallenone121 »

my8950 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:20 pm Never heard of them. What are you trying to purchase?
Had ordered Eibach rear springs (9.5" x 5.5" x 500lbs) and Bilstein B6 front and rear shocks.

Was able to source them through other sources.

Eibach sells springs directly and Summit and Advanced Auto had the shocks - no one company had multiple items i was ordering.
Charles McMillan
Battle Creek, MI
fallenone121
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fallenone121 »

andyofcolumbusmerkur wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:55 pm It looks like everyone that dealt with them had a bad experience. I didn't scroll though all 261 reviews but it doesn't look like they ever shipped anything to anyone. You should be able to get your money back since you used a credit card. I would give Mike or Jeff a call for suspension parts.
https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/dana-point/pr ... er-reviews
Fortunately I called them quickly after realizing there was no communications and no shipment of my product instead of having the order pend over a month without intervening. I contacted my credit union and they jumped right on the chargeback.
Charles McMillan
Battle Creek, MI
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

interesting read on the BBB site...
I wonder how long a company can stay open if they just take everyones money and never send anything...???
fallenone121
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fallenone121 »

my8950 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:04 am interesting read on the BBB site...
I wonder how long a company can stay open if they just take everyones money and never send anything...???
With how often they get away with it telling customers 'we will send it next week' - based on some of the BBB reviews - the chance to chargeback ends after a month. If people kept waiting then they get to keep the money for no product. Ive looked at a few danaport review videos on youtube seeing people who a month later were denied chargeback from their credit card because they waited too long. People losing out to 500-1000$ of funds.

Their phone line is VOIP - so they dont really have much in the way of expense.

Just want to be sure that noone from MCA gets frauded out by them since they claim they can get merkur parts.
Charles McMillan
Battle Creek, MI