Carlisle Autocross Information

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 7-9, 2013.
Merkur Club web site
Grayson
Level 7
Level 7

Carlisle Autocross Information

Post by Grayson »

The Carlisle autocross has generally been well-represented by the Merkur owners over the years, both on the track and in the spectator stands. In case you want to participate either as a driver or a spectator, here is the information you need.

The racing takes place Sunday morning, generally in the time range from 9:00 to 12:00. If you're interested in spectating, make your way over to the hill overlooking the track during those hours. It's actually one of the best places to watch autocross since you get a bit of an overhead view of the course, and there are bleachers too!

If you want to drive, you just need to show up with your car and get it inspected. Showing up early helps to ensure you get teched in time to race, so pay attention to the autocross schedule Carlisle Events posts. Have money obviously, and preferably bring a helmet if you own one. I would have to think they have loaner helmets on-site or else few people would be able to race.

The racing is split into four heats, and you can actually enter each one. Each heat features three runs. Last year I took my car out for three runs, Anglin took my car out for three runs, and I took Greg Larsen's car out for three runs. This year I'll probably try to drive all four heats regardless of which car I end up driving. My goal is to run a sub-40-second time in my car, which I hear has been done in a Corvette before. My best time to date has been a 40.9, and I'm not sure any other Ford has done that.

One of the cool things about the Carlisle autocross IS the course. It's a spec course, so you can show up each year and see how your car and/or your driving skills have improved. You can also compare your times with those of previous years, in case you want to know how you stack up against other Merkur owners. I think there was rain in 2010, but most of the time comparisons work out well.

If you have any questions regarding how to participate in the Carlisle autocross, definitely feel free to ask me. There is a LOT to love about being a Merkur owner at Carlisle, but for me the autocross is the highlight. I like the spec course a lot, and I love the rare opportunity to race with fellow Merkur owners and Ford enthusiasts. I also like hammering all the other Fords that show up with my $800 XR4Ti.
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Carlisle Autocross Information

Post by anglin »

... with my $800 XR4Ti.
Is there a claimer rule on that? I might be willing to exercise the claimer rule if there is.
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
Grayson
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Grayson »

Is there a claimer rule on that? I might be willing to exercise the claimer rule if there is.
<<Grayson runs and takes off all modifications>>

Sure, $800 should do!
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

Grayson wrote:<<Grayson runs and takes off all modifications>>
Bah. Even the shell is a good starting point given the permanent work done to it. I'll wait until you get the flares done though. Thanks.
www.mc2racing.com
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Save me/us the search effort and post here last year's AutoX results (you probably have it memorized, if not pasted to your bedroom ceiling. :headbang

YMMV ;-)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT »

anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

Ed Lijewski wrote:Save me/us the search effort and post here last year's AutoX results
In addition to Joe's excellent link, there are always results posted for autocrosses that the mc²racing team drivers compete in on the mc2racing Results page:

http://www.mc2racing.com/results/index.html
www.mc2racing.com