Guest Speaker at Merkurs at Carlisle 2019

Topics and Discussions relating to Merkurs at Carlisle 2019, held May 31 - June 2, 2019
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Guest Speaker at Merkurs at Carlisle 2019

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

As previously promised, we will have a special guest at this year's Carlisle. Author of the recently released book, "The Cars You Always Promised Yourself", Steve Saxty will be with us at the Carlisle Ford Nationals and back at the hotel Saturday night. Buy the book now and have Steve sign it if you'd like. It is a truly awesome piece of work.
SteveSaxty-BookReview.jpg
SteveSaxty-BookReview.jpg (166.54 KiB) Viewed 12246 times
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: Guest Speaker at Merkurs at Carlisle 2019

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

We are proud to announce that Carlisle Events has run with our idea, and Steve will be presenting in the Seminar Tent at the Carlisle Fairgrounds on both Friday and Saturday!

Here's a link to a page on Steve's site with some free sample pages to read. https://www.stevesaxty.com/us-buy-it

Bonus! MCA members can get a special offer price on the book by entering the discount code "MCA".

This is the first book I've bought in years and I'm so glad I did. I keep reading more, feeling like I've got secret information that nobody should know about. Just tonight I read about how the Alfa V6 engine was slated to go in the Scorpio.
Brad
DAReese
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DAReese »

Great book!
David Reese

88 XR4Ti - mono white T5, someday to be bi wing
89 Scorpio - waiting on some parts before it hits the road again
88 XR4Ti - mono red C3, parts car
used to own 86 dark blue traded in on a min van, what was I thinking?
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Special Guest - Meet Steve Saxty at the Carlisle Ford Nationals
Author and Industry Expert Hosting Seminars and More in 2019
After a career spanning thirty years in the car industry - starting out at Ford - and encompassing Mazda, Porsche GB sales and then consulting for the likes of Rolls-Royce, Lotus, McLaren, Lexus, Toyota and GM, Steve has come full circle – back to Ford. His book, “The Cars You Always Promised Yourself”, is effectively a love-letter to the iconic RS cars, XRs, the Capri, and SVE cars that truly capture the imagination, now as much as then. It dives into the last 50 years highlighting the game-changers in Ford to what design has become today with the S550 Mustang, Focus RS, and Ford GT. Peek behind the scenes into a secret world on how the icons were born. See prototypes and might-have-beens

Steve will give a sneak peek into his book during his seminars on Friday (3PM) and Saturday (2:30PM). Steve will also be located in Building Y throughout the event weekend.
Brad
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

This is over-the-top awesome-- best thing to happen to our community in quite a while. Sure wish I could attend!
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Steve Saxty

Post by Steve Saxty »

DAReese wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:08 pmGreat book!
I'm glad you like it - your task now is to let everyone else here know why they should read it, especially now I've set up a discount code for MCA members! What were the things you liked/learned in the book? - Steve