I apparently listed a faux SVO for sale...

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
zxr250cc
Level 5
Level 5

I apparently listed a faux SVO for sale...

Post by zxr250cc »

Hi all,

I listed an SVO Mustang for sale to help a friend and have since been informed it is apparently a faux SVO. (I have not seen the car myself.) I have also seen faux SVT Focus on the street in the past but I don't expect to ever see a faux XR4Ti. mea culpa... :oops:

Cheers
1986 XR4Ti Mineral Blue Metallic
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: I apparently listed a faux SVO for sale...

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

There are some pretty dumb (obviously fake) faux vehicles driving around my town. Hondas with the sticker from autozone that converts a dx into a dohc sir or type r, or stripes that convert low level bimmer into race spec M3 lightweight.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
zxr250cc
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zxr250cc »

Hi all,

We had a lot of fun in the SVT Focus group pointing out faux SVT when we saw them on the street. Some were creative; most were crap. Why didn't they just buy one? Same as for SVO, Si R, Si Mugen, etc...
thesameguy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by thesameguy »

I have a faux Saab 900 SPG, and if I ever get caught for having a missing front plate, I'm getting vanity plates that say SeudoPG.
eaton53
Level 6
Level 6

Post by eaton53 »

zxr250cc wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:13 am Hi all,

We had a lot of fun in the SVT Focus group pointing out faux SVT when we saw them on the street. Some were creative; most were crap. Why didn't they just buy one? Same as for SVO, Si R, Si Mugen, etc...
I had a real Contour SVT.
Fun car.
Mark Copeland - I'm 50 miles west of Kewanee, IL

'89 XR4Ti
Car was the 2014 MCA Merkur Preservation Award Winner
'89 Scorpio
This one has a very bright and shiny future.
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers
R Code
Level 1
Level 1

Post by R Code »

zxr250cc wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:49 pm Hi all,

I listed an SVO Mustang for sale to help a friend and have since been informed it is apparently a faux SVO. (I have not seen the car myself.) I have also seen faux SVT Focus on the street in the past but I don't expect to ever see a faux XR4Ti. mea culpa... :oops:

Cheers
No worries, but it wasn't a faux SVO, since it had no SVO specific parts. Honest mistake, since most folks don't realize the 2.3L turbo found it's way into a few fox bodies. My cousin had a foxbody GT w/that plant. Thanks for passing the seller's info along.
- Chris

'89 XR4Ti (5 speed) - sold
zxr250cc
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zxr250cc »

Ah, OK. Good info. It was only SVO that had turbo motors, I thought. I don't guess I've ever seen a non SVO with a turbo motor in it.

I saw a Jeep Wrangler with full updates to wheels and other items and it looked really good. Down the side of the hood where you normally see RUBICON in large black letters it had NOTARUBICON on it. It took a second for that to sink in and then it was quite funny.

Cheers
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Post by reddy2300 »

There are quite a few parts that make an SVO Mustang different from a run of the mill one.
1987 XR4ti--Mustang Cobra 5.0/T5 transmission, AFR heads, fake BBS wheels, Koni Yellows, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Eurolights, Sierra rear/Focus front discs,
89Merkur

Post by 89Merkur »

There is such a thing as a mustang gt turbo. Iirc correctly it is a standard fox platform of the era (1983) but with a 4 turbo. Where as the svo (suspension wise) is not a standard platform.
Silence is better than bull****
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

There is a long list of cars that could have the 2.3 turbo under the hood. Maybe someone can post a link.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.