Reclining racing seats. (pair)

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Reclining racing seats. (pair)

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

These are not recaro or any name brand. They seem like ebay versions from 1995, and they feature a lever to recline. They are a close match to the XR, came out of my XR, and will fit in a XR if you make pieces for the back two mounting points. These were used with 4 point racing harnesses (also for sale) for a number of years. They will position the driver/passenger a little lower than a stock Recaro seat. I imagine you could raise the height between the seat and the front/back slider rails if you wanted to with custom spacers. There is some staining from primer spray paint and a couple of cigarette burn holes from previous owners. Asking $150 for the pair.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Reclining racing seats. (pair)

Post by reddy2300 »

Any pics of the seats w/o covers on them?
1987 XR4ti--Mustang Cobra 5.0/T5 transmission, AFR heads, fake BBS wheels, Koni Yellows, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Eurolights, Sierra rear/Focus front discs,
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

I will take some current pictures. They are not here with me right now. They are usable but not in great shape. Unbranded "rally sport seat" type of reclining seat with sliders under them.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

:sawzall
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

No longer available.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

andyofcolumbusmerkur wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:37 pm Image
What's the center console from? Is the e-brake handle hiding down in there?
Brad
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Good questions. The car didn't have the cables for the parking brake, which was most likely removed during the rear disk brake conversion. Mike had a white parts car with the same t-bird rear brakes that did have a functioning parking brake. He said I could have the parts for free but I didn't get around to removing those. So I removed the handle and it now lives in a box in the attic. I did remove the exhaust system from that parts car and the dynomax muffler is now on my work truck. The center console is just sitting in there loose, and it is from a 318ti. The only original interior items would be the dash, which someone painted black, and possibly the visors. I have a grey upper and lower dash I might use. At some point I want to try dash flocking, so the painted one would be a good candidate.