1988 XR, $Free - $180, Lisle, IL

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

1988 XR, $Free - $180, Lisle, IL

Post by MarkM »

I've received some emails from a gentleman who is looking to find a new home for his late brother's XR. He describes it as in poor condition and is willing to give it away, but does have the title (still in his brother's name). If the new owner wants to title the car, he would like them to pay the $180 fee it would cost him to transfer it.

Here is his description of the car's condition-
The car does not run but it does roll, my brother had started to do something mechanically to it, but never finished it. He did that with a lot of things. There looks to be the gas tank in the back seat, and the front grill, radiator, and AC condenser are out of it. I think I saw those parts amongst other stuff in the garage. It does not seem to have any body damage, or major rust. The car sits in a parking stall under the house, I need to get it out and wash it, so as to get a better feel for what it looks like. If the gentleman in Wadsworth wants it he can have it, please share my cell phone number with him, I just need to get rid of it.
Also, as a minor plug for his other vehicles, I will add this:
I also have a 1961 MG convertible, and a 1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata to get rid of. Those will go cheap.

Text or Call (630) 240-2956
Bob Shepelak
We're working on getting pictures.
Mark