Who would you like to see at Carlisle this year!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I recommend not doing that maneuver... people will probably key your car. :(

The reason I was poking and prodding it so much is because I've never had the chance to see a widebody installation before in person.. and being a body guy (though it doesn't show in my own car), I was dying to see how people finished the insides of the fenders. BTW, it looks clean under there. I was just kinda disappointed you didn't change the front suspension geometry. That steering scrub must be a biatch! But it looks PIMP. :)
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
WidebodymerK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by WidebodymerK »

Colin wrote:I recommend not doing that maneuver... people will probably key your car. :(

The reason I was poking and prodding it so much is because I've never had the chance to see a widebody installation before in person.. and being a body guy (though it doesn't show in my own car), I was dying to see how people finished the insides of the fenders. BTW, it looks clean under there. I was just kinda disappointed you didn't change the front suspension geometry. That steering scrub must be a biatch! But it looks PIMP. :)
Your probably right about that parking maneuver Colin..

I had the under bodykit sprayed down with that rust proofing spray which is a pretty thick substance. Im hoping that will give it added strength; it also gives it a clean finished look.

What do u mean by steering scrub?
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

The scrub radius is affected by how far from the pivot point of your steering system your tire contacts the road. Ideally, the pivot point should be directly in the center of the wheel. When you space the wheel outward or run very wide wheels, the surface of the tire gets farther from the pivot point and your scrub radius increases. This causes the wheel's range of movement to increase... so it moves farther fore and aft in the wheel well. The torque required to turn the wheels also becomes greater, which places a higher strain on your front-end components.

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
WidebodymerK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by WidebodymerK »

OK i understand now..thanks colin.

I forgot what iForged told me when they wee explaning how they set it up. I should have paid some more attention to them :?
KingpinCEO
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KingpinCEO »

i saw widebodymerk do a burnout with the iforges.

looked nice.
1985 Merkur XR4Ti - 2.5 ranger block greyhound bus turbo
1988 Mercedes Benz 190e - awaiting airbag suspension
2005 Dodge Magnum - 336,000 Mile Daily driver
2008 Subaru Legacy GT - crazy loud boxer rumble
2009 Suzuki GSX650F - crotch rocket

ig: @DJ_Kingpin
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Holy crap! He can burn those tires?! They're like... eleventy billion inches wide! :shock:
Instagram @colinrdoyle
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

KingpinCEO wrote:i saw widebodymerk do a burnout with the iforges.

looked nice.
I think what he meant is that widebodymerk isn't a burnout and the iForges looked nice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just think it might have been the smoke in his eyes from his uhhh... :wink:
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607