i-70 Convoy Info

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 1-3, 2007.
Merkur Club web site
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

i-70 Convoy Info

Post by anglin »

Yes, there WILL be an I-70 convoy that includes a stop at my place. I may not be there, but Connie will be with a camera to take pictures that will be emailed to me. Plan on being there!
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Srgt- I ordain you leader of the "Convoy from the East". Commence making plans and organizing your stop-over location.

Peace-out... :cheers
Brad

Post by Guest »

Well.. if all goes well I will be attending carlisle for the first time next year. I live in northern Indiana and would like to join up with the convoy in Indy...with hopefully all three of my Merkurs...
Where is anglins place?
mysticfireXR
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mysticfireXR »

oops forgot to log in I guess...Thats me in the previous post..
-88 Scorpio 5 spd
-89 Scorpio 5 spd
-88 Scorpio (5.0 swap in progress)
-68 IH dump
-71 IH pickup
-73 IH Scout II
-72,74 IH Travelall's
-73 IH Travelette
-91 IMPULSE RS
-04 BMW X3 6-spd.
-87 MONO XR
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Opps all around... :oops: Thanks for reminding me to set the permissioning before the SPAMMERs figured out I left the back door open! :thumb
Brad
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Anonymous wrote:Where is anglins place?
Huber Heights exit in Ohioland. Just follow the train of Merkurs to the hotel, then to the pizza place. :)

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
mysticfireXR
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mysticfireXR »

well I just found out today that i'll be attending a MOSQ school at Fort Pickett, VA from june 3-30 so it looks like i'll only be there fri and maybe sat. I am changing jobs in the army... No more truck driving for me!
-88 Scorpio 5 spd
-89 Scorpio 5 spd
-88 Scorpio (5.0 swap in progress)
-68 IH dump
-71 IH pickup
-73 IH Scout II
-72,74 IH Travelall's
-73 IH Travelette
-91 IMPULSE RS
-04 BMW X3 6-spd.
-87 MONO XR
Jayfitz89xr

Post by Jayfitz89xr »

:D
hello everyone im new to the Forum, but I have a 1989 xr4ti with 63,000 original mile's! very clean, 1 tiny dent in the fender! Im young but very much into the merkur's. I love it! And baby it to death. And im planin on doing much much more to it other then a very loud stereo system that cracked my front window. But please inform me on the i-70 voyage! because I live 2 minutes from i-70. Im in mt.airy maryland between frederick and baltimore. Im definately going to carlisle and Would like some information and help with everything, and would love to meet the fellow merkur Lovers. thanks
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Okay convoyerz, plan on making an exit stop just East of Columbus at the Flying J.
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Info on the path this convoy takes...

From the west the I-70 convoy travels east and stops Near Dayton on Thursday night. Friday morning east through Columbus, Zanesville, and Wheeling WV. Lunch is at the meeting point where 70 and 76 (from Northern Ohio) converge and become the PA turnpike in New Stanton PA. After lunch it's onto Carlisle.

Many in the past have backtracked to certain points on the convoy. Hell, if you are in Maryland, Mapquest your journey from home to New Stanton to Carlisle. You will most likely past Carlisle.

We actually need those from the east coast to start planning their convoys here SOON!
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
xr4man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by xr4man »

Jayfitz89xr wrote::D
hello everyone im new to the Forum, but I have a 1989 xr4ti with 63,000 original mile's! very clean, 1 tiny dent in the fender! Im young but very much into the merkur's. I love it! And baby it to death. And im planin on doing much much more to it other then a very loud stereo system that cracked my front window. But please inform me on the i-70 voyage! because I live 2 minutes from i-70. Im in mt.airy maryland between frederick and baltimore. Im definately going to carlisle and Would like some information and help with everything, and would love to meet the fellow merkur Lovers. thanks

hey jay, unfortunately you're on the wrong part of 70. the convoy comes accross 70 from the west then catches the PA turnpike in western PA to head to carlisle.

however, if you wanna come up to westmisnter that friday morning you can roll with me and jen from waynesboro.

p.s. i think you're more like a minute and a half from 70. lol
ian the re-animator
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Just chiming in to catch up / make plans with our group if you are heading east on 76 through MI, OH, or PA along the way to our merge with the i-70 convoy in New Stanton.
estep04

Post by estep04 »

I will be attending carlisle also, I will be traveling with my friend who is on here (he is the guy that forgot to sign in and has got 3 merkurs) we are both taking a military school but we will definantly be there! just need to know what day and time the convoy will be going through indianapolis so we can meet up on the other side!

michael
'88 Scorpio-Chestnut Metallic
'99 Taurus DOHC
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Indy will be around noon on Thursday.
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

I think I need to get Connie on board in a hurry with Huber stop planning. I don't know if she has any particular ideas about what to do and maybe I'll take the lead on some of the planning since she has her plate full, playing both roles in running our house. Stay tuned for the best convoy to Carlisle evar...
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com