Dallas Tx. area

Discussion of events in the South, roughly defined as the southeastern seaboard to Texas.
Merkur Club web site
zxr250cc
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Dallas Tx. area

Post by zxr250cc »

Hi all,

Just spotted this thread. I was in Dallas when I bought the new XR in '86 from the LM dealer who had no clue what the car was about. The service from them was so bad I filed an official complaint with the local Ford service rep and removed their badge from the car to facilitate forgetting doing business with them.

As for the Wichita locale, it would be fun if you came to the Garnett GP Revival with one of the cars in the fall. There was a full race '85 XR model there two years ago from KC.

Cheers
1986 XR4Ti Mineral Blue Metallic
jgutier1

Post by jgutier1 »

Odessa,TX
2 XR's 88 White 5spd, 88 Blue Auto -
Ennis is reachable for my Blue XR.
ssacamp
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ssacamp »

If you ever get to Dallas, look me up. Scott.
Scott C.
ndgeek

Post by ndgeek »

Guess since I moved here last year, I should update. I've got three now. Gave three parts cars to a buddy in western WA, and sold an 87.5 mono-white, manual to a guy in MI shortly after moving here to New Braunfels.

'87.5 mono white (Nina), manual, K2 edition tribute being completed in next month or so, goal of Radwood Austin.
'88 mono black (Frank), auto, but will get all the bolt ons and modern conveniences, like a standalone, etc. Will take a while.
'88 partial racer build (rally, or is that Raleigh...no it doesn't have a project designation) that will likely be stripped to a shell since I want to put many parts on Frank

Looking forward to hanging out! And helping out!
Chris
1988 XR4Ti, black on black, "Frank"
1988 XR4Ti, "rally car" with Cossie body bits, Koni yellows, 28/16mm anti-sway bars, Rapido springs, T5, Eaton LSD.
1987.5 XR4Ti, mono white, grey leather, T9, K2-edition tribute
1987.5 XR4Ti, mono white, grey cloth, T9 (sold, now in MI)
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

I would like to see that K2 edition tribute. Please post some pics when you have it finished. :cheers
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.