Heater core flush

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
logan_magill

Heater core flush

Post by logan_magill »

Recently did a much needed cooling system refresh part of that was finally getting the heater core flushed. Tried to flush water through nothing, ended up hitting hit with compressed air and got it blown out. Put some Calc acid in it let it sit over night. Hooked the hoses back up deleted the Heater control valve since it was just destroyed. Hooked the lines up backwards to keep reverse flushing it for the time being. Both in and out were hot but still no heat. My blower motor needs replaced and i haven’t got to it yet but at highway speeds i figured there would be enough air blowing through to at least put some heat out. Any advice on it? is it my blower motor cause no heat or maybe the blend door is stuck on cold? If so how would i get to that to manually switch it.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Heater core flush

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

My blower motor needs replaced and i haven’t got to it yet but at highway speeds i figured there would be enough air blowing through to at least put some heat out. Any advice on it? is it my blower motor cause no heat or maybe the blend door is stuck on cold? If so how would i get to that to manually switch it.

The air blend door is vacuum controled.

Check the hose connections on the vacuum reservoir ball next to the battery. Cut off 1/2" from each hose end and mount hoses to ball nipples.

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!